Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2006, 02:50 AM   #21
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Hey Gary, I didn't see anyone mention a dehumidifier to help with the condensation in cold months. We use one when it seems necessary. On a trip west in november of 04 we traveled I-10 & I-8 to San Diego and along the way in west texas especially we had some right chilly nights and would collect a quart or more of water overnight. We camp often at Lake Whitney in TX. and it can freeze there several times in winter. The machines are not all that big. I park ours between the front wall of the slide and the dinette chairs( on a 2955) it fits prefect. I also have a small electric heater to assist the furnace. It is the type that has oil that is heated by electricity, like the old steam radiators of past years, it works well and we have never had a problem with freezing even when the truck was covered with ice. Good luck.

WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #22
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
I have a Montana which I am very happy with. Have no major problems to contend with.
If money is not the issue, go for the Alpenlite.
Good luck!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #23
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We had the money, but we didn't like the Alpenlite. It just didn't speak to us when we went to see them. The minute we walked into the Montanas we knew that we were going to buy one. But like everyone has stated it is all in what you want and if you want to invest that kind of money then that is your choice. Happy hunting.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #24
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We have lived in our Montana for over 5 years now in temps from 0 to 105. We've made it with no problems other than one frozen pipe because we didn't run the furnace at night. The Alpenlite is a good rig but you'll find problems with them also. Friend of ours has one and can't get a leaky slideout fixed. When parked for an extended period, they attach a sheet of black plastic over the roof of the slide to keep dry. And to think they traded what they had just to get a newer rig!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:26 AM   #25
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
We looked at the Alpenlite and thought it was very nice but I just did not like the shower in the bedroom, then I walked into a Montana and was hooked it had everything that I liked. We have been full timing in our 3280RL for a little over two years and have enjoyed them very much.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:00 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Highcountry, we have lived fulltime in this Montana for 36 months. Keystone does not list this as a fulltime unit. Very few brands do. Nevertheless, many of us do just that. Moisture buildup has not been a problem for us. THe Montana has attic vents to vent moisture. We run the water closet fanor the fantastic fan to vent shower moisture when showering. In very cold weather we sometimes open a ceiling vent just a crack when cooking on the stove, etc. We've been in this Montana to five below zero, fahrenheit, and extended periods (a couple of weeks) where the temperature never reached as high as 32. And several days with temps in the single digits all day and night. It's not a problem as far as we are concerned, so long as you use reasonable precautions.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote