Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2006, 11:38 AM   #21
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Sorry to hear about your loss we have been in your shoes also. The feeling of violation was worse than the loss. We have a hired hit man now he is very loving when mom and dad are home. Alone..... intruder beware 136 pounds and those 2.5 inch canines are very serious unless he knows you. Only costs around 25 bucks a month and many a scratch for this service. Hope you catch em'!

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:53 AM   #22
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
When we were staying in Mexico we mounted a motion detector light on a board and hung it under the awning. Any thing moving in the area turned on the light. (usely Iguanas).
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #23
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I am sorry to hear about your damage and loss, it would be interesting to find out which park you were staying in...In most of the parks we have stayed in - I have found that the neighboring campers were pretty good about keeping an eye out while we were gone. I have seen these little portable alarm switches, might not be a bad idea, however it would be a sad thing if most of us had to install alarm systems. One of the main things I liked about fellow campers, they watch out for each other..
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #24
Montana_6246

M.O.C. #6246
Thank you all for your ideas, sympathy and compassion. I appreciate your care and concern.

A couple of you have asked and most of you would probably like to know where it happened. I don't think the place it happened is important because it could happen almost any where. I am still staying in the same park but right across from the office. They are keeping a watchful eye on us. I don't want to give them any bad press. They have really been helpful. As I said they have never had it happen in the eleven years they have owned the park. I will say that it was in a North Texas city with a population of about 100K.

Thanks again for all of your replies and I hope that my experience will help you protect yourself.
Montana_6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #25
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
So sorry for your loss. We had our spare tire taken last trip. In last RV park we stayed. I think part of the problem, we were parked where no could see the back of our Monty or either side of the Monty. We learn a valuable lesson on where to park. Our tire was there before we went to bed and was gone next morning. A big motor Home was stored on one side of us, a building in back and a building on other side. We were in # 1 site so it was on an end. No one could see any part of our Monty. This park was out in the country away from any town but close enough to 1-80. So easily accessible.
The owner of the park was less than caring about what happened. We will not be staying there again.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote