Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
TV outlets in bedroom

Question mainly to save me time when we get to the campground...Currently in our bedroom there are three outlets for the TV, one is directly off the amp/antenna, one is for satellite connection coming from the basement, bedroom satellite in. The middle one is my question, what is it for and how is it used? I am very good at tracing things down, but I figure someone out there already has the answer.

Thanks,

Jay

jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Is there a separate cable (campground) connector outside at the convenience center? Just guessing here.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Is there a separate cable (campground) connector outside at the convenience center? Just guessing here.
Bingo
Yes there is a separate cable connector at the convenience center marked coach cable. I figured that when connecting this connector to campground cable, I would not turn on amp and should have the cable output should pass through to the TV. But I guess Keystone may have place a separate connector for cable only. Now in the living room there are only two places to connect the TV to. One for the satellite and the other is antenna/cable and is a pass through for cable when the antenna amp is switched off.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
On my 2012 it goes like this: there are two wall plates in the closet the one on the right has a D/C socket ,a little black button to turn ON the roof antennae and a short coax cable that you connect to the left faceplate which is top one bedroom TV ,middle Sattlite(which I do not have),bottom is if you want to hook up your D/C TV in the bedroom to your storage compartment outside and watch...At first I could not figure out what the little black button was for and it lights up when your press it I finally figured out it is to activate the Antennae on the roof (which I have never used)I do not Boondock I always use the Campground cable
Old 09-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #5
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

On my 2012 it goes like this: there are two wall plates in the closet the one on the right has a D/C socket ,a little black button to turn ON the roof antennae and a short coax cable that you connect to the left faceplate which is top one bedroom TV ,middle Sattlite(which I do not have),bottom is if you want to hook up your D/C TV in the bedroom to your storage compartment outside and watch...At first I could not figure out what the little black button was for and it lights up when your press it I finally figured out it is to activate the Antennae on the roof (which I have never used)I do not Boondock I always use the Campground cable
Thanks that answered my question perfectly. I need to make up a piece of cable if I want to run the basement jack. Mostly likely never do that but I know now what bottom connector is for.

Thanks,

Jay
Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Maybe you can clarify further on your original question...on our new rig, is the Bedroom and Basement satellite tied to each other, therefore requiring both be on the same channel with a satellite receiver, or can two receivers be use for each connection? Tks.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #7
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
For watching the TV outside just use the cable that is already on the back of the TV ,it is a cool setup for watching Foootball etc.. outside with the buddies, Just pull the cord down(HARD) to release the TV so it swings out detach the coax from the wall unplug the DC socket, slide the TV up off the wall bracket and take it outside and do the same ...COOL SETUP!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

Maybe you can clarify further on your original question...on our new rig, is the Bedroom and Basement satellite tied to each other, therefore requiring both be on the same channel with a satellite receiver, or can two receivers be use for each connection? Tks.
Dennis: I believe the Bedroom Satellite cable feed from the Convenience Center goes to the bedroom closet with the two face plates. If you want satellite in the basement, you have to jumper the bedroom feed to the basement cable. The sat receiver then connects to the RF outlet in the basement. I suspect you could have a sat receiver in the bedroom and the basement at the same time, and operating independently, if you can use a splitter and appropriate cables to feed each receiver. Here is the wiring diagram. While the drawing shows three connection boxes for sat, bedroom TV, and basement, I believe they are still all mounted in one face plate.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote