Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #21
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gkerlin

Greg,

Good point.... now you have me wondering. I traded in my 2011 F250 PSD for the F350 PSD DRW just a couple of weeks ago. My F250 had the system (proven when one started to lose air) and my Sticker on the F350 said Tire pressure monitor so I didn't think twice.

Now when I look at the sticker more closely it actually says "Less Tire Pressure Monitor". Looking on Fords Website it appears that you might be correct. They don't come out and say they are not available, but when showing the standard features it did not list them for the DRW.

I'm going to send my dealer an email and ask for sure but I'm thinking that your right. Thanks for your info. I'm still learning the new truck.

PS Congrats on the new Montana... I'm going to pick my new one up in 2 days.
Congrats to you too on the new truck and trailer - isn't it great having a new truck and trailer! We finally have just about enough miles on the truck, so will pick up the trailer either this weekend or next and then do the shakedown trip. Hit 500 miles the other day so finally got on it a little (carefully) - can't believe the get up and go on this truck.

Let us know on the TPMS, but pretty sure it is deleted with DRW and just didn't want you relying on something that wasn't there...

I'm definitely still learning the new truck too - all the menus in the instrument cluster are just amazing. Haven't even gotten to the radio stuff or the phone. Have never had dual climate control either - definitely worth the upgrade to the Lariat! Now I can be 60 or 65 with the cooled seats on, and wife can be 76+ and have the heated seats on.

Enjoy the new truck and trailer!

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #22
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Greg,

Most of the features on my F350 are the same as on my F250. Just more comfort items with the Lariat as my last was XLT. My Cougar was just under 10k loaded so the PSD pulled it up and down the steepest grades like it wasn't even there. Set the cruise control and using tow haul mode the engine brake kept us at speed even on 7% or greater grades. I'm looking forward to seeing how it handles the extra 5k of weight. I think it will still not know its back there.

Be sure and look up the info screen for the trailer. You can name the trailer and set it as default (for those who pull more than one trailer). The nice thing about it is it will track the miles you pull the 5'ver so you will always know how many miles are on it. Every time you hook up it will count the miles and when you unhook it won't.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #23
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Greg,

Just heard back from my dealer... you were correct. No TPMS on the DRW. That seems odd to me. 2 more tires = 50% greater chance for a leak.
Not sure if I'll put them (sensors) on the truck or not.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:

Greg,

That seems odd to me. 2 more tires = 50% greater chance for a leak.
Not sure if I'll put them (sensors) on the truck or not.
I don't understand the reasoning behind it either as to why the DRW deletes the system - maybe someone here knows??

I went with the TST system too - stil need to install it... I liked the user-replaceable battery aspect. I did go ahead and get the sensors for the TV as I figured sure enough that would be where I'd have a problem if they weren't covered!

Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #25
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Oh Man... You gotta be kidding me! The trailer got STOLEN?

When we picked up ours I told my wife about another guy named Greg who was also getting ready to pick up a Montana in Washington.

We love WA. Last year we visited Deception Pass SP, then over the Cascades on WA20 and stayed at Loup Loup Pass, and Curlew SP before heeding to ID.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #26
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:

Oh Man... You gotta be kidding me! The trailer got STOLEN?

When we picked up ours I told my wife about another guy named Greg who was also getting ready to pick up a Montana in Washington.

We love WA. Last year we visited Deception Pass SP, then over the Cascades on WA20 and stayed at Loup Loup Pass, and Curlew SP before heeding to ID.
Yes, there are some beautiful places up here in Washington.

Yeah, we drove up to pick it up and it had been stolen. The manager said they would replace it, but now corporate for Camping World is involved and they are telling me I have to claim the loss - and we never even had possession of it! We are so disappointed and frustrated it's beyond words.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #27
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Wow. I don't like the sound of that.

Had you paid for and had the title transferred to your name so it was legally yours but it was still on their lot?
Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #28
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:

Wow. I don't like the sound of that.

Had you paid for and had the title transferred to your name so it was legally yours but it was still on their lot?
Exactly. We had purchased it, but never picked it up as we were waiting on the tow vehicle and a table to come in. To me since it was on their property though, and we had technically not taken delivery, it should be on their insurance. In fact, I would think even if we had taken it in for repair or something, and it's on their property in their control, it should be covered by their insurance, but I do not know how that works... I think until we took possession though, it would be their responsibility to take care of the trailer and be liable for it's condition (and whereabouts).

Old 03-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #29
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Greg,
I would seek some legal advice before you do anything.
Good luck,
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #30
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Greg,

x2 on the above.

I was thinking about your situation and can envision all sorts of pitfalls. Hopefully a good lawyer will get camping world to step up to the plate and make you whole right away. I can imagine how sick you must be over this absurd development.

Good luck and keep us posted. Lets see how Camping World responds.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #31
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Captain Joe and Greg. Yes, we are just sick over this and not sleeping very well. We still just can't believe it, and even if they find it, we're stuck with probably a trashed unit after spending all that money. Just doesn't seem right.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #32
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
You know, it might be worth a quick e-mail to Good Sam CEO Marcus Lemonis explaining the situation and whats going on. It just doesn't seem right that they want to push the claim off onto you, they had it on their property.