Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Camping World orders?

So, cyber Monday came along and Camping World had a smoking deal on those fancy wheel chocks DH said he wanted. I ordered a couple and have been watching to see if I could track them so I could hide them. So far, 7 days later and they have made it to the "Stocked and reserved" status. No tracking number, or in transit, or anything to let me know they might be thinking about sending them to me.

I am beginning to wonder if there is any chance they will be here for Christmas!

Has anyone ordered from CW before and had any shipping issues?

luvmywestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
We have ordered from Camping World multiple times over the years and have always received our orders. They are not as quick as Amazon or some other sites that I have ordered from. I too placed an order from them around the same time and was wondering if there was a problem with the order. Yesterday I did receive notice that they have shipped.

Just to be on the safe side, If you don't hear anything in the next day or two, I would suggest calling them and have them check on your order.

Hope it comes soon.
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I just received an order from CW. Have never had any problems. Most shipments take 7 - 10 days.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
I have ordered several items from CW and had no issues.Amazon shipments generally get to me faster with better tracking.
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
Just ordered some wheel covers a couple weeks back....actually arrived early from CW! I would suggest as others have posted to contact them in a day or two.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:05 AM   #6
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
November 14th I ordered two wine glass racks from Camping World. I knew the shipment would take 7 to 10 days, but yesterday,when the order still hadn't arrived, I checked the status of the shipment. Surprise--the items are out of stock and backordered until the first part of January. When I ordered the racks, they were listed as "in stock."

The racks are for us, not a Christmas gift for anyone, so we can live with the January shipping date. However, it would have been nice to have been notified that the shipment was backordered. And, the listing should have noted the items were out of stock when I ordered.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:12 AM   #7
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Thanks for the responses! I may be a little impatient, but I did send them an email asking if they could let me know when they will be shipped. They've managed to send me several advertising emails since I ordered from them so I know they know how to contact me! It has been a week since they were ordered so I would have thought they would be packed up and at least starting their way here. I wonder if they got forgotten in "reserved" and they forgot about them. I guess I've gotten spoiled by Amazon and some others that I have found very efficient. I do hope they get here before we head south on the 26th.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Why not call them?
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
jmi
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10907
MOC helps me out again, amazing. I had an order for an 50A / 30ft extension cord with Camping World. Checked the status after reading this thread and sure enough the "In-Stock" cord is now back ordered until January 2012. Since I'm leaving on my trip after xmas this is pretty useless. I allowed 4 weeks, 6 is useless. I've sent a note to CS requesting a refund. Second time something like this has happened.

I agree call them, if I don't get a response in 48 hours I will be in the call queue with you.
jmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
I got a response to my email that it will be shipping either today or tomorrow. We'll see. This is the first time I have ordered from them so didn't know what kind of experience to expect. A smokin' deal isn't a smokin' deal if you can't get the item shipped to you! I am with jmi, if we can't get it here before we head for AZ there isn't much point in them sending it. So far, I haven't seen the backordered sign so I am still hopeful!

I would have called if the email didn't get answered. I really hate to sit on hold so if I can get it done via email I prefer to try it first.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #11
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
I have found when ordering anything on-line, you never know if "In Stock" is an accurate statement. The software many companies use doesn't automatically remove items from stock when an order is placed, it happens when the order is actually processed. The orders are processed on a first come first served basis, and there may have been many orders in front of yours. I order about 90% of my tires on-line from one distributor. Their website shows the quantity available in our local distribution center, as well as the quantity available nationally. Even with that information, I occasionally have tires backordered because others beat me to the draw.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #12
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That's a great example, LonnieB. A database is only as good as the administrators or programming tending to it. The status you are looking at may be minutes, days, weeks or months old. It would be nice if each order would automatically cause an update, but there are still so many ways to make this inaccurate like what happens if the item is pulled, returned, cancelled or like LonnieB experienced, a big order came in and took them all as you were trying to order them.

Then it's another large or expensive task to continually status these items for each and every order. It is NOT a computer error and very rarely EVER a computer error. The errors are introduced by the human factor that is not as good or as fast or accurate. But regardless of its shortcomings it's better than it used to be. When you are experiencing this phenomenon, like someone mentioned above, use the phone to contact a human to understand the human part of this problem and get the real status.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Well, I won't be using Camping World again. I went online to check order to see if it had been shipped. Well, it went from an email telling me it was being shipped as they typed, to now being backordered until sometime in January.

I tried to call the customer service number on the email and after them hanging up on me before I could say anything, I finally reached a no-customer service agent, Stacy. She informed me that even though their email specifically stated the items were in stock on December 5th, they must have run out before they got to mine. No apologies, just the facts.

It doesn't look like we will get the order in time for Christmas so I will likely cancel it. With this poor customer service I will not be using Camping World for any internet ordering again. They seriously need to get their act together.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #14
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I went through something similiar recently with Target, when my order had not been shipped after a week I called to cancel my order and was told I couldn't because it was scheduled to be shipped. 2 weeks later they finally shipped it
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
jmi
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10907
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jmi

MOC helps me out again, amazing. I had an order for an 50A / 30ft extension cord with Camping World. Checked the status after reading this thread and sure enough the "In-Stock" cord is now back ordered until January 2012. Since I'm leaving on my trip after xmas this is pretty useless. I allowed 4 weeks, 6 is useless. I've sent a note to CS requesting a refund. Second time something like this has happened.

I agree call them, if I don't get a response in 48 hours I will be in the call queue with you.
Did get the email back within 24 hours confirming they canceled my order. Got it done without the phone call. No apology ... I am getting a little leery about this with camping world. Wish my local RV dealer didn't mark this stuff up so high!
jmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #16
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I usually use Camping World as a last resort, there are other, more economic options out there including but not limited to: Amazon.com, adventurerv.net, Tweetys.com, pplmotorhomes.com I have used these in the past with very good results and a couple of them will match internet pricing from anywhere. I am sure there are others as well.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #17
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Did get the email back within 24 hours confirming they canceled my order. Got it done without the phone call. No apology ... I am getting a little leery about this with camping world. Wish my local RV dealer didn't mark this stuff up so high!
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Have you tried a local Walmart for this cord? Or, Amazon. We have had excellent service from Amazon for many RV things. Others have posted some other sites, although we have found Tweety's to be on the high side for the things we were looking for. It might just be the particular items though.

Going to talk with my wallet and not give them my money. More than being unhappy about being out of stock, I am upset about their poor way of handling it. No communication unless I initiate it. No apologies. They act like they are doing US a favor.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:40 AM   #18
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Just for information purposes, Tweetys was one of the sites that always matched any internet price that I could find and give them the url for. Hopefully they have not changed this practice??
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Just for information purposes, Tweetys was one of the sites that always matched any internet price that I could find and give them the url for. Hopefully they have not changed this practice??
Bingo
Oh! Good to know! Thank you!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
luvmywestie-- How far are you from one of the Camping Worlds I'm listing ?? -- Wood Village and Wilsonville, OR or Tacoma or Burlington, WA? That is the locations that are listed for OR and WA and there is also a Camping World in Boise, ID if that is any help. I would go to the store that is closest to you and pick your items up! If you would like me to check here in the Omaha area,(Council Bluffs, IA) I would be happy to do it for you and I could send them to you if you like. Just let me know-- send me an email or PM!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote