Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Mopar Severe Duty Filtration System Installation

This was NOT well documented at all in the instructions that came with the unit so I've posted images to hopefully help anyone out who might undertake this amazingly simple process.

This filter is available from your Dodge dealer for about $350 but can be ordered online for as low as $235. This unit replaces the WIF (water in filter) sensor and has a fuel heater on it. The filter unit mounts under the chassis directly above the crossmember/skidplate at the transfer case. The mounts are very easy to find. The included harness runs up into the engine compartment. Connections are simple, + and - battery connections, unplug the WIF connector on the existing fuel filter and connect it to the new harness. There is a yellow wire coming from the harness's relay that needs to be connected to the large red wire in the C130 connector. The other end of the harness connects to the new filters heater and WIF connectors. Cut the fuel supply tube along the frame and install the included compression fittings into the supply tubing. Included rubber fuel line and necessary clamps connect the supply line to the new filter. That's it.

bighornram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
How much more Ft. Lbs. of Torque and increase in Horsepower do you get with it?
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

Scott, I don't believe it claims to have those qualities. It does provide heated fuel from the tank which would be useful in cold weather climates. It also adds a second layer of filtration for water and contaminates.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

I knew you were tongue in cheek. G
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Sorry, I couldn't resist!

The Devil Made Me Do It!

That does sound like a good idea to add onto the truck. Thanks for the info.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Old 07-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
ALSAN
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12193
Funny that this post was made ,the same day I had stopped by my dealer to BS (small dealer owner always comes out and talks) we were talking about bad fuel and he told me about the same thing so I took it as an sign and ordered the kit off the web that night, due in next week.
Thanks for the info
ALSAN is offline   Reply With Quote