Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2020, 02:24 PM   #21
Building Memories
Established Member

M.O.C. #25251
Welcome and congratulations!
My wife and I came across a great deal on a really well maintained 2005 Ford F-350 crew cab 4x4 dually diesel and less than a year later found a 2017 375FL that was offered by a dealer who bought it from auction as a new unit that was owned by a different dealership that went out of business with the camper still in his inventory. Great camper but the two A/C units can’t keep up with South Carolina heat in July and August. Best to just be satisfied with the boat during those months.
Had reservations for the week of April 13 this year but this virus has Corps of Engineers campgrounds and state parks closed.
Good luck and safe travels once you get it home.
Oh yeah...order a set of Sailun tires when you can. Ours had Rainier tires and there is a huge difference in construction of each. Do some research and also plan to get a Progressive Industries EMS for surge and low voltage protection.

Building Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:46 PM   #22
Sumri
Established Member

M.O.C. #24654
Hi Rick,

We also have a 3761FL and absolutely love it. Yea, a couple of minor fixes to things the factory should have caught. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Good Luck and Happy Camping.
Sumri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:15 PM   #23
Dgeck

M.O.C. #25873
DW and I ordered a 2020 model 3120RL in the new maple edition and expected delivery the last week of March. We received a call from our dealer three days before delivery notifying us the Keystone plant was shutting down because of the Governor's executive order. While we were disappointed with the news, we certainly understood the reason why.
Keeping employees safe is more important than us taking delivery. We anticipate delivery by the third or fourth week of April.
Dgeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #24
tholling5879

M.O.C. #24695
I agree with an earlier post, purchased ours less than a year ago, long list of issues after each of our three trips. Also anything keystone can deny they will. Adjustments are only covered for 30 days so work those slides a lot in the first 30 days.
tholling5879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #25
Billyj571
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26029
We just ordered one last week 3931FB and just found out the factory is closed for to weeks great
Billyj571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:55 AM   #26
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
We have the similar 3731FL we bought in late 2017. We are half timers and this is our third winter in the south and looks like we'll be here awhile longer. I really like the changes to the floorplan they did with your model. One question though, can you get to either bathroom with the slides in? Important for stops on the road.
We "camped" in the driveway with ours for two weeks when we first got it because our real shake down was going to be a 1000 mi. trip. Found most of the minor issues and fixed most of them myself. We're on our third microwave and it looks like this one may be a keeper. Other than that only minor issues till this year when I managed to bend an axel. Still scratching my head how it happened.
Have done many "mods" to the rig the largest being removing one couch and the theater seating, extending the floor on the one couch slide and getting individual recliners. We found after two years that we never needed both couches and we disliked the theater seating and that space wasn't large enough for two recliners. Now we have one recliner in that space with a side table and lamp and the other recliner is in the space of the ODS couch.
So, we usually head back to NY in May but it looks like there is no place to stay along the way. We usually take four days going 250 miles per day. We could be down here through June. Fortunately we have a site on our daughters property and see the grand kids often so we're ok, but we also have grandchildren in the North that we miss dearly.
Hope you have many years of enjoyment with your 5er and you'll find this forum to be of great heal along the way as we have.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #27
Billyj571
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26029
Can u give me a heads up on the issues don’t know when there Gona build it with all these shut downs but a list would help us our 1st 5th wheel
Old 04-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #28
Dmelvin
Established Member

M.O.C. #25121
Thermostat, vent won’t open in kitchen, light fixture in dining room was so unlevel it was hilarious, staples poking through the fridge wall by the microwave, they didn’t put two of the things to keep it from really flapping in the wind on two slide out awnings, air conditioner in bedroom doesn’t work, trim on back basement door crooked so wouldn’t lock (my husband bent it straight) tool mark in the kitchen sink,
Dmelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:42 PM   #29
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
1 no heat from 2 floor registers
2 cap lights quit working- no electric to switch
3 recall on tail lights

One year, 11,000 miles, 170 nights. That is all. Went into dealer yesterday.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:44 PM   #30
Billyj571
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26029
Any one else that had problems we should be looking for I think we will be waiting a long time before we get ours what’s with the sailing tires ???
Old 04-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #31
Dmelvin
Established Member

M.O.C. #25121
What year is yours? What year is the recall for?
Dmelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #32
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmelvin View Post
What year is yours? What year is the recall for?
2019.5 The recall is some tail lights gather water. I has already noticed mine, drained and sealed both. The driver side had water and shorted the back up light. I notified my dealer prior to receiving the recall notice dated March 2. They offered to send the light to me but the cap lights are not getting juice and I'm not into trying to search that through and under so took it in.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #33
rschaz64
Established Member

M.O.C. #25762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petsvet View Post
We have a 2019 3761FL that we bought in June, 2019. We love it and have spent seven months in it so far. We've taken it out west to Wyoming and Montana and spent the winter in Florida. Only one problem so far. Our washer/dryer is installed in our closet but we discovered that it drains into the black tank in the small bathroom. Be sure to empty the tank before washing clothes. We learned the hard way.
Good to know!

thanks, Petsvet!
rschaz64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #34
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petsvet View Post
We have a 2019 3761FL that we bought in June, 2019. We love it and have spent seven months in it so far. We've taken it out west to Wyoming and Montana and spent the winter in Florida. Only one problem so far. Our washer/dryer is installed in our closet but we discovered that it drains into the black tank in the small bathroom. Be sure to empty the tank before washing clothes. We learned the hard way.
I guess I found out the washer drains into the 1/2 bath black tank the same way you did!! Thankfully that black tank had not been used at all when washer was 1st used! I had opened the galley gray before the was was started and SURPRISE!
Now hoping our May trip do s not need canceled as 1 trip already has been. That is our last until September.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:23 PM   #35
Drewman
Established Member

M.O.C. #28107
Congrats to you I hope at this point you have your Monty in hand! I traded my Flagstaff bumper pull in on a 3761FL on January 22, 2021 which I now live in after my selling my house on January 7. I am thoroughly loving it with very few issues. One thing that drove me nuts that the dealer did not tell me is that to make the icemaker work and the in-door water dispenser in the refrigerator work, you have a valve underneath the sink and also a valve behind the drawer underneath the stove that have to be turned on. God bless the Internet for helping me figure that one out. We are having freezing weather in the teens here in Northern Texas this weekend so that should be interesting to see how it works out and the following weekend I will take it out for my first official camping trip with this wonderful fifth wheel