Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Aberdeen/Gray's Harbor, Washington

Hello,

We are planning to go to this area and have never been there. We want to visit the Lady Washington and see what else is there to do.

Any campground suggestions in or near Aberdeen and the harbor??

Any recommendations other than the maritime museum?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Greg and Kris

UPDATE: I think we are narrowing it down to the South Bay area. So, from Aberdeen and heading west on highway 105 toward Westport - somewhere in that area.

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Wow gang good luck with that, Aberdeen is not exactly a go to tourist destination unless you are a Nirvana fan,we are over in Ocean Shores enjoying the nice beach and weather ,we only go to Aberdeen to go Grocery shopping.sorry could not help ya more
Old 09-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

Wow gang good luck with that, Aberdeen is not exactly a go to tourist destination unless you are a Nirvana fan,we are over in Ocean Shores enjoying the nice beach and weather ,we only go to Aberdeen to go Grocery shopping.sorry could not help ya more
Thanks Jimmy - that's a lot of help just knowing that! Looks like Aberdeen is only about 25 miles from Ocean Shores, so we could stay in that area just as easy. What would be a good place in Ocean Shores you like??
Old 09-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Grayland State park would be another choice south of Westport..
Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Drifty1

Grayland State park would be another choice south of Westport..
Thanks Larry, we'll check it out!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Ocean City RV resort is a nice little Resort on ST RT 109 and close to Ocean Shores,We are staying at Ocean Mist Resort but it is a KM Resorts/RPI a members only place right down the street but we always pass Ocean City resort down the street and always thought it was nice AND also up the 109 a few miles is Ocean beach state park with 22 spots right on the Beach and it use to be an Old Coast Guard station NICE!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #7
commish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14397
Google "Washington South Beach RV" you will find 8 or 10 spots to check out close to Westport WA.
commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #8
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

Ocean City RV resort is a nice little Resort on ST RT 109 and close to Ocean Shores,We are staying at Ocean Mist Resort but it is a KM Resorts/RPI a members only place right down the street but we always pass Ocean City resort down the street and always thought it was nice AND also up the 109 a few miles is Ocean beach state park with 22 spots right on the Beach and it use to be an Old Coast Guard station NICE!
Thanks for the info Jimmy! The old Coast Guard station sounds pretty cool! Appreciate the feedback.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #9
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by commish

Google "Washington South Beach RV" you will find 8 or 10 spots to check out close to Westport WA.
Thanks Mike - I tried a couple of searches and used some camping sites too. I was hoping to maybe luck out and get some recommendations from folks who had stayed at one of these CGs and what they thought of it. Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Hi,

We live here in Aberdeen. There are several campgrounds to stay at. If you prefer the south beach, Twin Harbors state park and Grayland beach state park. There is a nice but few frills park in Westport.

North Beach has several parks. As stated above, there is Ocean Mist and Ocean Breeze, both KM properties, but they do allow non members to stay, especially Ocean Breeze.

There is a park at the marina in Ocean Shores. You are almost on the bay, nice but weather can be a little harsh there.

If you would like specific info on either beach, let me know and I can track it down for you.
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #11
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sfretts

Hi,

We live here in Aberdeen. There are several campgrounds to stay at. If you prefer the south beach, Twin Harbors state park and Grayland beach state park. There is a nice but few frills park in Westport.

North Beach has several parks. As stated above, there is Ocean Mist and Ocean Breeze, both KM properties, but they do allow non members to stay, especially Ocean Breeze.

There is a park at the marina in Ocean Shores. You are almost on the bay, nice but weather can be a little harsh there.

If you would like specific info on either beach, let me know and I can track it down for you.
Thanks Steve. I forgot to mention our length is forty feet so according to the website, we won't fit at the two state parks.

You mentioned the nice but no frills park in Westport. Would it be Pacific Motel and RV or American Sunset by any chance?

Appreciate the help!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #12
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
SFRETS, FYI non members are NOT allowed at Ocean Mist resort we have been members since 2005 and Are staying there now and had to Pull a few strings to let our non member friends stay for 2 days ,they have promo things sometimes at Ocean Breeze but not Ocean mist ,sometimes in the OFF season they will allow RPI or ROD members in at ocean mist
Old 09-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
They must have changed, during the off season they would let non members stay but they could not stay on the ocean side. We hav had friends do this. It might have changed when Ocean Breeze opened as I know they allow campers there. Wish I was out there with you, it has been a very nice fall so far. Enjoy.

Seahunter, it is the Sunset park. Not sure on the lengths allowed. Too bad as Grayland is a nice park
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I have stayed at Grayland many times with my 40' Montana. My friends MH, also 40', has stopped there too. I don't understand the problem.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #15
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks again Steve. Yeah, the 40' length isn't always a good thing! I saw The Islander at the marina there. Looks like a neat location, but like you said, I can see weather being an issue.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #16
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by carl n susan

I have stayed at Grayland many times with my 40' Montana. My friends MH, also 40', has stopped there too. I don't understand the problem.
Thanks Carl, maybe I need to call them. The website for state parks specifically states for Twin Harbors "Maximum site length is 35 feet". When I tried Grayland, it just kept saying "Does Not Match Search Criteria". Now I do finally see it says 60' though for Grayland, so maybe I just need to call them rather than book online.

Thanks again for the info Carl.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #17
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Yeah Steve you are correct they use to allow non members in off season a while back but they have stopped that but at Ocean Breeze they are trying to get New members to join KM Resorts and Ocean Breeze is one of their "PROMO PARKS" they have put millions of dollars in that park making it real nice after they bought it from Western horizons,If you are ever up this way drop on by you are right it has been AWESOME here and we will be here for about 3 months then head on up to Sequim KM
Old 09-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #18
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
If you are Military, retired military, or DOD employee...the Navy has the Pacific Beach Resort & Conference Center which has a nice RV park as part of the resort. We stayed last week and had a good time. http://militarycampgrounds.us/washin...ference-center
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #19
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Fire5er

If you are Military, retired military, or DOD employee...the Navy has the Pacific Beach Resort & Conference Center which has a nice RV park as part of the resort. We stayed last week and had a good time. http://militarycampgrounds.us/washin...ference-center
Thanks for the suggestion Karl!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #20
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
We did Ocean City for about 5 days last month . It is pretty good, but could use up dating. There is limited 50 amp power , and no cable srvice. The access to the beach is real easy though with a 5 minute trail to it. The folks that run it were nice too.
It is a Thousand Trails Park. The others mentioned previously are nice too. If you don't mind moving your rig you could bounce from one to the other and see which you like best.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote