Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2005, 05:55 AM   #1
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Archive

How does one go about getting into the archives?
I remember sometime ago someone replaced the sofa hidabed matress and I would like more information. The hidabed matress has got to go!!!

syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:11 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Try going to ALL FORUMS,

look to the far right of each subject, and you will see a little yellow box, with "A" in it. Try clicking there. I think that is it, if not, someone will happen along to correct me!

Lots of ideas there on how to get rid of the sofabedfromhe** or the mattress of same.

Good luck

Carol

(We ditched ours, and totally replaced with a futon, no more raw sore backs for this gal! And, when it is pulled into bed position, takes up a LOT less room!)

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:33 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, does your futon have any room for storage underneath and out of sight? You may remember we replaced our hideabed a few months ago with the jackknife sofa Keystone also has available for Montanas. Now it is starting to sag. So we're considering our options. We need the storage space underneath. That's why we went with another RV type couch in the first place. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve,

I suppose you could put a skirt on it, but, I would have to say, that the storage space is limited. I can get LOTS of shoes under there, but because of the way mine is made (I would think that they are all similar) that you could not get much under there that is more than 4 or 5 inches tall. Also because of the way it functions, the way it goes up and down, I would say that there would be some serious limitations on what you store under there.

Basically I do not use mine for storage, cept for that 4 foot long piece of 1/2 PVC pipe that Al made for opening those high vents.

Not sure if there is one in Gatlinburg, but maybe a stop in a GOOD futon store is what you need to do. If you cannot find one there, I know of a GREAT one in Ann Arbor (where we got ours). They are great, very helpful, listened to my requirements, size, color, weight, easy of operation, etc. and took me right to the frame that we did purchase. The mattress was a bit harder to pick, they have a number of different kinds. some fold up better, some actually have springs in them! My son, has one with the springs, wowie, that thing sleeps even better than mine, and I am NOT complaining about mine!

Size of course was a parameter for us, we have not changed our table and chair (rocker/recliner) around as you have. So, we wanted to keep it as close to the size of the OEM sofacouchfromhe**. Also, we wanted the wood to come close to the same color as in Montana. We chose to get a mattress that was not the heaviest, but plenty firm for my ole back. Also chose one that we could put up and down without moving the futon out in the middle of the room. Some of the heavier mattresses you need to be able to access the futon from the back and the front to put it back up.

It does take 2 of us, just cause we are rather careful about putting it up and down. The futon salesman could do it all by himself with ease. We choose to cooperate and work together on the up/down procedure.

One other thing I kinda like, is that you buy covers for futons, if I change the color of the chairs and recliner, I can just go buy a new cover in the correct color, and I have a new color scheme for Montana.

A futon is not necessarily the answer for everyone. It comes down to personal preference, but of course. Sorta like, Al and I have no problem with the recliner, as far as comfort. The mechanism is lame, but we have no problem getting comfy in it. Go figure, a lot of other MOC members cannot stand the recliner.

Our futon was purchased primarily for my comfort at night. I sleep on the futon, as do of course, 4 yorkies! The sofabedfromhe** had my back so sore I was 3 months or longer healing after we got home last winter. I have NO back problems with the futon. I have to tell you, for us to purchase one, well, we surprised even oursleves! It is not the style of things I usually care for, and even after having it for almost a year, I kinda go, whewieee, that sure is different!! But, I repeat, it was purchased for comfy sleeping at night, and size, etc. Consideration of the way it looks, came in dead last on our priority list.

Good luck in your research and decision.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
You can buy a matress at your local Matress store it is a standard Queen size Hide A Bed matress at least ours is in a 2002 2955.We love took the original to the curb!
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:12 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Carol. We will keep that in mind. First, we want to deal with the furniture mfr to see what they have to say about it breaking down after less than four months. If they don't respond to Vicki's email, then we'll stop in their place near Shipshewana when we're in the area in less than a month from now. This sofa was not cheap and my frugal side objects to tossing it without first discussing with the mfr. Thanks for the info. The storage is important to us. We have this rig loaded and what's in that space has nowhere else to go.

Syplace, I apologize for hijacking your thread. If we continue this discussion we'll start a new thread. Sorry.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #7
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
No problem Sreigle. But I would prefer not to deal with a futon. So will see what I can find in the Archieve. Seems to me there ought to be a place where I would type in "hidabed" and it would come up.
Thanks again.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
John and Marianne
Try the "egg crate" thing that you lay on top of the mattress. They can be purchased at Wally World or Bed Bath and Beyond. It really does make a difference. Someone on the web talked about putting the egg crate under the regular bed and then carrying bottles of wine in the dips of the crate.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Syplace, if "hidabed" doesn't work, try "hideabed" or even just "bed" or "sofabed".