Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #21
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
Sorry for your loss. Our furkids are very much family.

PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #22
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Here is our Sophie in her younger days. She used to run for fun and sport. Whippets are like sled dogs, they want to be doing what they were bred for, and for Whippets that was chasing anything that remotely resembled a bunny including a plastic bag!

Dreams on the Sofa, SC, FCh, SR, OTRM

"Sophie"

SC - Senior Courser
FCh - Field Champion
SR – Sprint Racer
OTRM - Oval Track Racer of Merit

...and of course best of all, a great little companion.

I wasn't going to open up the can of worms about my medical, so I won't... only to say the other reason this hurts so much is Sophie was not only our beautiful little Sophie... but for the last several years she also helped me out as a Service Dog. I just decided I would share that in honor of her because she was such a special dog.

Beautiful girl Greg,so pretty !
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PatnRich

Sorry for your loss. Our furkids are very much family.
Thanks PatnRich, I appreciate it. That's a cute little girl you've got there!
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #24
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
[quote]quote:Originally posted by jjackflash

Quote:
Originally posted by seahunter

Beautiful girl Greg,so pretty !
Thank you Jack - we sure thought so.... I've been looking at some photos and videos of her which of course is difficult, but just makes me realize how many great years of companionship she gave us.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #25
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
So sorry for your loss. Having a Yorkie and a Maltese I wonder occasionally how I will handle this situation. They are the only two dogs I have ever had and they are 7 years old now.
Are you planning to get another? I'm not sure if I will as I get too attached.
Hope everything goes ok with your surgery.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #26
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kab449

So sorry for your loss. Having a Yorkie and a Maltese I wonder occasionally how I will handle this situation. They are the only two dogs I have ever had and they are 7 years old now.
Are you planning to get another? I'm not sure if I will as I get too attached.
Hope everything goes ok with your surgery.
Hi Keith, nice to hear from you. I hadn't had dogs since I was a kid, so it had been many years for me - and yes, you do definitely get attached. It is amazing how close you get. We have also had to put to sleep two wonderful cats and it was just as difficult. When I have gone through it with the cats, I think like many, you swear you will never get another one and go through the incredible pain again. With time, you never forget them, but you miss the great companionship of the little guys. So, over the years we did rescue two more cats and still have them.

Some people say they get another puppy or kitten right away to fill the hole. I know for me, it's just too soon. Even before Sophie got sick, we had talked about the possibility of another dog, so I'm sure down the road we will think about it again.

Rather than a puppy, we have also discussed rescuing a little older one that people may not want or be able to keep for some reason. As far as Whippets, which we would probably go with, people usually know what they're getting into as far as the breed, etc. - so luckily there are not that many in a rescue situation you hear about (so not a lot of unwanted dogs) and it is a small community.

Sorry, getting a bit long-winded. I guess I would sum up that yes the pain of losing a little companion is great, but the reward of having them is far greater. We will always be "animal people", and time will let us know when it's time to welcome in a new companion.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #27
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Pets you love get under your skin. Losing them really hurts. Sorry, you're having to experience this inevitable loss. Memories keep them near.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #28
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

Pets you love get under your skin. Losing them really hurts. Sorry, you're having to experience this inevitable loss. Memories keep them near.
Thank you Stiles, appreciate the kind words...

How are you liking that Platinum Eco?