Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #21
LuckyNichol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8615
We also have the built in RCA TV in the entertainment center cabinet of our 2007 MM 32FT FLD TT. We just got it July 2008 so haven't done too much camping. As usual, we had problems getting just the local stations and no cable hook-up and we don't have a dish/satellite, so I knew the RCA wasn't anything special. Thought it was at least HDTV because the picture looked good. The RCA book doesn't give you any info either. The thing we noticed was that our 2006 Polaroid 19-inch TV back in the bedroom was pulling in more/different channels for some strange reason, so that's when I figured RCA was analog. RECENTLY, we took the trailer in for some warranty work (STAY TUNED for a update on another forum). When we bought it in July the surround sound wasn't working quite right so the dealer we bought it from EVENTUALLy sent us a stereo receiver replacement. Not being tech savvy, we had NO CLUE how to do the swap and since it still is under warranty we decided to let Camping World do it and put on the convertor box at the same time. It appears that CW loosened the middle speaker above the TV in the process of replacing the stereo/dvd receiver and hooking up the convertor box. According to them, both the livingroom TV and the bedroom TV will now be switched to digital because they both are hooked up to the one convertor box -- but now we have to watch the same channel at the same time, which wasn't the case before, because the bedroom was getting different channels (maybe the Polaroid is digital?). Go figure. Do we need a second convertor box in the bedroom so we can watch different channels?

LuckyNichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #22
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
LuckyNichol,

It is my understanding that to watch separate shows on different TVs you will need a converter box for each TV.

But since I don't have the converter boxes and have no plans to get them I'm in no position of authority. I gathered this info from reading various sites.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:38 AM   #23
dennisl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7484
To LuckyNichol,

To answer your question, YES, you will have to hook up a separate converter box for your "extra" tv unless you want to watch the same channel at the same time as the "main" tv.

To all other interested parties - I received a PM from "biznsa" (Bill M) concerning his reply to my original post, and all is well. Thanks to everyone for your help. Now if the weather will cooperate, I hope to be watching my newly converted DIGITAL tv at a campground soon.
dennisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #24
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Doesn't it seem strange that they did not produce a dual output converter?

Is the DVD player in the Montana capable of digital conversion? Most likely not.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #25
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Biznsa,

Thank you.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:11 AM   #26
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Doesn't it seem strange that they did not produce a dual output converter?

Is the DVD player in the Montana capable of digital conversion? Most likely not.
The DVD player (or video game box or VCR) will still play on an analog TV after the digital conversion of broadcast stations. Of course, the VCR will only show prerecorded tapes. Its analog tuner will be just a useless as the analog tuner in your old TV.

DVD players do not have television tuners (analog or digital), so they are not affected by the digital conversion.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote