Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
bking
Established Member

M.O.C. #4597
Bathroom Fan Blades

DH was installing wall switch for bathroom fan and decided to clean fan blades when he finished and 1 broke. Does anyone know where we can buy just the fan blade part - everything else is fine.
Thanks
Betty

bking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
There might possibly be a name plate or numbers on the side of the motor. If so you could Google it and maybe come up with a manufactures web site.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
You can find the blades at most any RV parts store. Make sure you get one with the blades angled in the same direction or you will move the air in instead of out.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
bking, not knowing your model or year makes it a little difficult to help, But, having said that I needed to replace the motor on my fan and found the fan makers name on the side after I removed the outer shroud. I called them and got a replacement motor sent to me. You may have to do this if a fan blade is not readily available. FYI - some have replaced the motor and fan blades with a computer fan. Quieter and more efficient..... Hope this helps.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by firetrucker

You can find the blades at most any RV parts store. Make sure you get one with the blades angled in the same direction or you will move the air in instead of out.

Bob
Bob, I found out that doesn't matter. I pulled my two wires off my motor to work on it a few months ago and when I re-connected the wires and turned on the switch, something just didn't feel right.

I turned the switch off and as it slowed down, I noticed that it was spinning in the WRONG direction - actually blowing air DOWN. I happened to remember something way back in my foggy brain about DC motors (the bathroom fan is 12v) and I reversed the wires. It reversed the direction of the fan.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
You're absolutely right, Dave, but I wanted to keep it simple. Actually, I llke the idea of putting a reversing switch on the fan, especially if it's one of the computer fans.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:31 AM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
That's a great idea. Bob! I am also working on putting in switches for the fan and light in the bathroom down on the wall. Bad shoulders and an upcoming surgery...
Old 07-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Most RV dealers have bathroom fan motors for sale with their accessories. Before we installed a Fantastic Fan (FF) in the bathroom, we had replaced the motor in the bathroom because it just plain died. Dealer had them for sale. No problem, easily replaced. FF works much better, however.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I would like to use the FF (manual, non- rain sensor) in the bathroom, but I have vent cover over that OEM vent that I want to keep. I like the option of keeping it open and the fan running in inclement weather. I don't believe that the FF will open under the vent cover? The standard vent in the 3400 bathroom will only open 3/4 of the way, which works OK, but not sure if that FF vent would fit at all under the cover?
Old 07-13-2008, 03:51 AM   #10
bking
Established Member

M.O.C. #4597
We found a name on the blade assembly Thorgen and emailed them with model numbers and size to ask where we could buy. Camping world did not have any listed and 1 other place I looked had clockwise but we needed counter clockwise. Anyway I got an email back wanting to know our address as he said he would send us several free of charge. That is awesome.
Thanks for all your help. The switch will make it much better as I always have to really stretch to reach the button at the top.
Betty
bking is offline   Reply With Quote