Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
ERS

If you have Good Sams Emergency Roadside Service, do you have the Standard or the Platinum membership! There are a few extras for the Platinum but is it worth the extra money? Thinking of applying for it and wondering which way to go! Thanks for any advise in advance!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
As long as you are investigating, check out Coach-net. http://coach-net.com/
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I think you'll find they are pretty much comparable: Good Sam, Camping World and Coachnet. We have Camping World right now because the parent company, Affinity Group, purchased ours which used to be called RRR. Don't remember what the name was right now but we had it before we got involved full timing. We're going to look at Coachnet when it comes renewal time since Escapees RV Club endorses them and we are members of Escapees.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As the Affinity Group not only owns Camping World they also own Good Sam and so I doubt there would be any difference between the 2 plans. Very likely they use the same office staff and depending on which phone number you call in on decides how they answer the phone.
I know nothing about Coach-net but being I have used Good Sam on 3 different occasions with great satisfaction I would see no reason to change at this time.

BTW-We have the standard ERS. Saw no valid reason to go platinum.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Agree with Glenn. If it works, why change. What's that old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." (Or something like that--my memory is fuzzy.)

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I can say the same for Coach-Net. I have used them 5 times in two years, four blowouts and a tow when my TV lost a torque converter seal. In all cases, the service was as advertised or better.

In another case, I was not towed, but the tech on duty guided me through a do-it-yourself repair that would not have been covered. This was a great help and saved me repair service costs.

I just encourage folks to look at all their options when making an initial purchase. I would not think of trying to get anyone who is satisfied with their service to change to another.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:21 AM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I just went to use my Good Sam ERS yesterday, and since it was possible my tire was damaged by vandalism, they would not pay to have the tire changed. As for the difference between the platinum and basic, they do a real nice job of side by side comparison on their website. I didn't see it being worth extra $'s. But, that's just my opinion. They throw in some discounts and extend the coverage to rentals.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've been using ERS for years and have been happy with it so will stick with it. I wasn't aware of the platinum but will check that out.

Ron, vandalism is covered by your regular insurance, isn't it?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I had the opportunity to use Good Sam ERS service in San Diego last winter. Flat on trailer. They were there in 15 minutes, used my bottle jack to jack trailer and removed the bad tire an put it in my truck for me. I did not want the spare on the ground and I wasn't going anywhere, (back was sore so didn't want to do it all myself). Took tire to shop and got it fixed and reinstalled it myself. That's what I wanted and that's what they did. Result=Happy Camper!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #10
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Phil, glad it worked out. I figure that I have now had two flats in a month after none in five years. Guess I was due. I just bought the EZ Jack for the next occurence.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote