Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #1
Diamond
Established Member

M.O.C. #715
Prescriptions for drugs

Have heard that Mexico is now requiring a doctor's prescription for pharmaceuticals purchased there to bring back to the USA. This is required when passing thru customs. Can anyone verify this or had a recent border crossing where they saw this information posted? We will be in RGV after the first of the year and plan to do some "drug" purchases in Mexico, so if we need scrips, will get from doctor before headed that way.

Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #2
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Haven't heard that, heard that after this year you will need a passport. Heard the cost would be 90.00 dollars for 10 yrs. I know you didn't need it last season.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Our experience has been that the doctors in Mexico will write you a prescription that you can bring back with you.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:39 PM   #4
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
My in-laws live in AZ and they just got back from going over to Mexico to get scripts. I think they or one of their friends goes over about quarterly. I know there would be some mighty upset people in the Sun City area if this happens. But as I said they literally just went on Friday so it's not happening at that entry point.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
There was some guy arrested last year or year before for trying to purchase drugs the WRONG way, arrested in Mexico and held there for quite a while

Since we have not purchased anything more than cold pills over there, we cannot be considered any authority, but the way we understood it was that if you wanted prescription drugs, you had to have a script from a Mexican doctor AND, the person needing the script had to be present when submitting the script to the pharmacy.

Have not looked but there must be a web site somewhere????? just like there was for the passports??

Get your facts first, that is for sure.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote