Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Just Wondering about Cameras

I love the digital cameras that show the date at the bottom right hand corner of the picture. I have a old Kodak that does that but the camera is as big as a house and weighs about the same. Well when we accidental bounced that one off the floor, we bought a new Fuji FinePix F700. We love the camera and it takes great pictures but it doesn't show the date on the picture at the bottom. I noticed several of you have cameras that do show the date. I would like to know from those of you who have the ones that show the date what brand, model and how you like your cameras. Thanks!!

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I have a Sony 7.2 but I think you can just program your camera to put the date on your picture. Check your manual.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Mine is a Kodak DX6340 and love it. Also I think that you should be able to find something in your camera's menu progam that will allow picture dating.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We have a Fuji, 602, I think, maybe a precursor to your model. You can go to the menu and adjust that setting, date on or off. It's a simple fix.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:45 AM   #5
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
TBHD, Is it the date in the corner that you like on printed photos or is it that you can know the date of the photo that you want because, even if the date isn't displayed, it is kept with the digital image on the computer.

In our case, we seldom print our photos but rather use them as screen savers on our computers at work and at home. The date and exposure information for every photo is available if that is what you want.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #6
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Snowbunny
We are like you--we seldom print our pictures out they are all stored on the computer. When I hold the cursor over the picture all the information including the date and time are shown.

What I am looking for is one that the date shows on the picture itself.

I just called Fuji and they do not automatically put the date on the picture---darn!!!

Our son has a Sony DSC W1 and his shows the date in red print on the bottom right had corner of the picture when you are viewing it on the computer and when he prints them out.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #7
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Snowbunny! Where in the heck were you when you took that picture that is in you post. That has got to be one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our current camera is a Nikon Coolpix 4200. The previous one was a Canon PowerShot S40. We really liked both a lot. Both had adjustments to show the date or not. We wore out the Canon. It finally died at over 14,000 pictures (Vicki took more pictures than I have posts! )
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:23 AM   #9
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Thanks Kathi,
We were in Camp Hatteras at Waves on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It was a short while after a hurricane passed through the area. In fact, it was the first night we were allowed in after the evacuation and maybe that was what caused the beautiful sunset. I take lots of photos and especially love the sunrise and sunset times as well as twilight so I tend to always be looking at the sky for nice images. My wife and I are often on the road by dawn and are often on our way back at sunset so we get the opportunity to see some glorious scenes. I never hesitate to stop whenever I can to take photos.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote