Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Montana_1974

M.O.C. #1974
Inserting a photo?

I've seen photos in some of the forums but how do you insert them?

Insert Image does not allow you to browes your files for the photo you'd like to submit.

Idon't see a help Icon.

Any assistance would be greatfull.

Montana_1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi Eric and Pat,

First you have to have the photo out on the internet somewhere, not on your personal pc. If you don't have a place to put a picture, I'd recommend www.tinypic.com . You can place pictures there for free. The picture cannot be more than 250k in size or they will automatically trim it down.

At tinypic, use the Browse button to find the picture on your pc. Then click the 'Host It' button. When the page comes back, scroll down and you'll see several boxes with urls in them. For posting here, click in the box for the one with the IMG tags on each end. Those tags are important for displaying a picture here.

After clicking in that box the url should be highlighted. Hold the ctrl key and press the 'c' key to copy the url. Sorry if too elementary, it's hard to tell level of knowledge from a post.

Then in your post, just paste (ctrl v) the url in your post. You can then click the Preview Reply button if you want to see what your post will look like before you submit it. When done, close the preview window and click the Submit Reply button.

It's a lot easier than it sounds.

If you want the picture to be part of your signature, go to your profile and paste that same url, with img tags, in the signature box.

Good luck. Post back if you have any problems with it. One of us will be along to help.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
Montana_1974

M.O.C. #1974
It would be nice if we could just attach a photo of the improvements we've made.

I could put the photo in "Word" document & attach that but you can't attach files.

Thanks any how!
Montana_1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:52 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Eric and Pat, if you want to email me the photo I'll put it on tinypic for you and email you the url to paste into a post here on MOC.

We leave here Thursday morning and I won't have web access for awhile after that so hopefully you can send it Tuesday or Wednesday (before too late). I don't like to post my email address in any public forum because of the spam bots so will disguise it here. Just replace the 'x' with an at sign.

sreiglexhighstream.net
Old 03-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #5
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Just testing your advise on the signature picture. Lets see if it works!

It worked but the picture is too large and taking up to much space. How do you make it smaller in size??
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
You do it with a graphics application. The one I use most is free - irfanview. It's available at www.irfanview.com . They also have a commercial version I think. For resizing, use the resize option on the Image menu. I try to keep the picture to no more than 640x480 so it doesn't cause the page to scroll on anyone's monitor. To reduce the filesize so it downloads more quickly for those on a dialup connection, do a File/Save As and select the quality option you want. I recommend 65%. If the quality is less than you want, try 75%. The lower the percentage the smaller the filesize. Once you've done it, it's a whole lot easier than it sounds.

Other graphics applications can do this, too. But ifranview is quick and seems to do a really good job of retaining quality and making the filesizes small.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
WOO HOO!

I FINALLY got my rig picture in here.

Thanks for the tips!

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:28 AM   #8
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
To all at MOC

Thanks to sreigle, the forum has some great pictures to view. We all appreciate your help. Thanks Steve

Larry & LaVonne
Old 05-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #9
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Hi Eric and Pat,

First you have to have the photo out on the internet somewhere, not on your personal pc. If you don't have a place to put a picture, I'd recommend www.tinypic.com . You can place pictures there for free. The picture cannot be more than 250k in size or they will automatically trim it down.

At tinypic, use the Browse button to find the picture on your pc. Then click the 'Host It' button. When the page comes back, scroll down and you'll see several boxes with urls in them. For posting here, click in the box for the one with the IMG tags on each end. Those tags are important for displaying a picture here.

After clicking in that box the url should be highlighted. Hold the ctrl key and press the 'c' key to copy the url. Sorry if too elementary, it's hard to tell level of knowledge from a post.

Then in your post, just paste (ctrl v) the url in your post. You can then click the Preview Reply button if you want to see what your post will look like before you submit it. When done, close the preview window and click the Submit Reply button.

It's a lot easier than it sounds.

If you want the picture to be part of your signature, go to your profile and paste that same url, with img tags, in the signature box.

Good luck. Post back if you have any problems with it. One of us will be along to help.
Thanks for the info on how to put a picture into your profile. Hope it works.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:11 AM   #10
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
OK, all of you "brainiacs" !! I've gotten the photo inserted into my signature. Now how do I get the "Location/Temperature" thingy to post
Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
It is hard to find the right place, so I cheated. I rightclick/property on someone else's and copied the url. Then I noticed it was easy to see the city and state so I just changed those and tried it. I see you are in Escondido, so here's the one for that city. Just rightclick/property and drag the mouse across the url, hold the control key and press the c key to copy it. Paste it in a text file somewhere and change the city and state to what you want. Then you can reply to any post but don't submit. Just paste (control v) it in a post, then click on Preview Reply to see if it works. When you paste it you have to put img tags around it to get it to display. Remove the * from the following. The * is there so this will display to show you. In front of the url put [*img]. At the end put [*/img]. Again, first remove the *.

Enjoy!
Old 05-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #12
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Thanks, Steve. I'm going to try it right now.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #13
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
WOW! Went ahead and placed it in my Signature box and it works there!! This is such a GREAT site! Now if I could only get it (the SITE!) to wash and wax the 39 feet of my Monty Big Sky over the internet, it would be the best thing since sliced bread!
Old 05-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If you figure that one out, you and I could get rich.