Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Alterations to trailers

1st - thank you for building beautiful units. A couple of things I would like to bring to your attention.

1. Location of ladders if using a back window as an emergency escape window. We recently purchased a 3402 & the escape window in the rear has the ladder in front of it.

2. While we are looking at the rear from inside, if possible please put the electrical sockets on the "side wall" instead of under back window. This would make them more easily accessible without climbing over or around furniture to plug in.

3. Again in the rear of trailer on the outside, how about a rain gutter over the window to keep streaks off the window from moisture dripping on "uncleaned" roofs and running down the back window.

4. Ease install struts on overhead doors that the lid lifts from the bottom of door. Quite difficult for one person to use - one hand holding door open while the other is putting in or removing.

5. Appreciate the towel holders in the sink area, but please move them to the side of the electric outlets & light switches. Right now it is perfectly in line at the top og the outlets & switches. PS since we have "2", they are both in this position. My hand towels are just long enough to cover them at the top. Thank you.

Oh, #6 ..... I am 5' tall & I know of a few other MOC owners who are my height. Please .... When installing the 2 round lights in table/couch slide, please put the switch in the front for more easily reachable. The switch is on the back. We have to climb onto furniture to turn off/on.

Well.... Thank you for providing this forum & this space to correspond to Keystone! Just for clarification Keystone does not provide this Forum. The MOC Forum is a privately owned Forum and not connected nor financially supported by Keystone. We do appreciate all that Keystone does to support the members of this Forum. Thank you, RVWheels, MOC Admin.
Mina aka a very happy Montana owner!

Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Good thoughts Mynabird! I would also like to see them add one more outlet in each slide and an outlet in the base of the bed so we could plug in an electric blanket or mattress warmer without tripping over the cord on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Does that sound like the voice of experience?
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mynabird

1st - thank you for building beautiful units. A couple of things I would like to bring to your attention.

1. Location of ladders if using a back window as an emergency escape window. We recently purchased a 3402 & the escape window in the rear has the ladder in front of it.

2. While we are looking at the rear from inside, if possible please put the electrical sockets on the "side wall" instead of under back window. This would make them more easily accessible without climbing over or around furniture to plug in.

3. Again in the rear of trailer on the outside, how about a rain gutter over the window to keep streaks off the window from moisture dripping on "uncleaned" roofs and running down the back window.

4. Ease install struts on overhead doors that the lid lifts from the bottom of door. Quite difficult for one person to use - one hand holding door open while the other is putting in or removing.

5. Appreciate the towel holders in the sink area, but please move them to the side of the electric outlets & light switches. Right now it is perfectly in line at the top og the outlets & switches. PS since we have "2", they are both in this position. My hand towels are just long enough to cover them at the top. Thank you.

Oh, #6 ..... I am 5' tall & I know of a few other MOC owners who are my height. Please .... When installing the 2 round lights in table/couch slide, please put the switch in the front for more easily reachable. The switch is on the back. We have to climb onto furniture to turn off/on.

Well.... Thank you for providing this forum & this space to correspond to Keystone! Just for clarification Keystone does not provide this Forum. The MOC Forum is a privately owned Forum and not connected nor financially supported by Keystone. We do appreciate all that Keystone does to support the members of this Forum. Thank you, RVWheels, MOC Admin.
Mina aka a very happy Montana owner!
I sure miss an electric outlet on my side of the bed. When my phone need charging it would be nice to be able to plug it in and able to use it. As is I have to get out of bed to use my phone during the time it is charging. I could sleep on the other side of the bed, but am used to sleeping on the side that does not have an outlet.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote