Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
MOC Button

For the first time since it appeared back in the spring, I can see the MOC donation button, despite the fact that I have even made a contribution in the past!

See, I am a Macintosh guy and have used it exclusively to sign on to MOC. Until today, I had not even been able to log onto MOC with our PC--the same problem many others have reported when attempting to log in--but was forced to tweak the settings when I awoke and tried to turn on the Mac this morning and it would not respond. Guess I will have to take it to Gainesville this week to the nearest Mac repair store. Ironically, mine is acting exactly like one from school I took there last month, though the tricks the repairman showed me are not working. Oh, well, I DID want to go to Gainesville to the bicycle store there, so I guess I have a more valid reason to scoot up there.

Still, it IS interesting to finally see the MOC button instead of the little graphic that is displayed in lieu of the actual graphic when it won't!

PS: As I was hitting the post new topic button, I saw another saying "GetieSpell." Haven't seen that one either. I suppose you learn something new when out of your comfort zone!

Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
RVBUDDY
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1109
Not to familiar with the MAC but regular PC's it is usually related to cookies. On Internet Explorer you can regulate your cookies by going to Tools..Internet Options...privacy. We have a slider bar that we can set to accept or reject certain cookies.

So what I suggest is to find your cookie control on your browser. Log off the forum and go to any web site. Change your privace to accept all cookies. Go back and log on the forum. Set your privacy back as desired. You may have to do this once a year or even less.

Let us know if this helps. If it does can you tell us exactly what you did and will add the method to the Moderator Handbook.
RVBUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
I, also, am a MAC fan. I use Safari on my 17 inch powerbook running OS 10.3.2. I've never had a problem signing on nor posting. Everything working fine. I have had problems at other sites with Internet Explorer. Microsoft quite supporting Explorer for the Mac when Apple came out this Safari so your "older" version of Explorer might also be causing problems. Suggest you use Safari.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Just to clarify--I have had no problems with the Mac, just cannot see the "Help Support MOC" button and "GetieSpell." All of my posts until today have been on the Mac, so obviously it works. I must add, however, that I had difficulty accessing the pictures on Steve Reigle's homepage with the IE 5.2 on Mac.

SAndreason, I was advised to take my G4 back to 10.2.8 from 10.3.1 by the same technician as Panther was known to cause some problems with G4s, including some of mine at school. According to him, Panther works much more smoothly with G5s. Since I took mine back to Jaguar, I have experienced problems with Safari as the one with Panther is not compatible with Jaguar. When I take my Mac up to Gainesville this week, I will have him get Safari working as well and see how that goes.

RVBUDDY, what you suggest is EXACTLY what I did today to access MOC with the PC!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote