Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2021, 04:49 PM   #61
Brian S
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27692
We have the same unit (and love it except for the cable slides…I’ve had to do two emergency replacements). Replaced the Rainers with Sailun G rated110 psi. 2700 miles into our summer trip, up at Glacier. No problems so far!♥️��

Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 07:28 PM   #62
BuckandTeresa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24683
Two and a half seasons in our 330RL with our OEM Ranier STs. I had seen comments on here about China Bombs, but didn't realize they were talking about American-sounding Raniers. Thought they meant Chinese-sounding Sailuns.

Two days ago, returning to Colorado from PHX, at 65 mph in the middle of nowhere, my right rear tire shredded, damaging the underbody somewhat and shredding fabric underneath and bending/breaking j-metal and plastic wheelwell trim. Less than 2500 miles on them, looked great. They are F-rated ST 235/80R16. Heading to Discount tomorrow to find something better. Thanks for all the recommendations here. Usually run them at 95 psi max cold pressure, 75-80 mph.

This forum is the first place I have heard about a speed limit. What is the max recommended speed for an F and G rated tire on my 330RL? My wheels are good for 95+ psi cold.
BuckandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 07:39 PM   #63
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
^^^The tire speed rating is printed on the sidewall.
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:07 PM   #64
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
There is a small percentage on the MOC that advocate running the speed limit no matter what, but the rest of us prefer to run around 63 - 65 mph with few reports of tire damage. Sure at higher speeds the tire will go around and around fine, but you have to think about stopping or maneuvering over 10+ tons of metal and fiberglass in short notice.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:33 PM   #65
BuckandTeresa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24683
Good point.
BuckandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote