Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2020, 05:31 PM   #1
Sdexte
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24981
Furrion oven not lighting

I know there have been posts on here before regarding the Furrion ovens and issues with them. Originally we were able to get the pilot light to come on and the oven to light but then the oven would go out a few minutes later. It would take several tries to get it to stay lit. Now, the pilot light comes on but as soon as you turn the knob to set the oven temp the pilot light goes out. I am guessing it is most likely the thermocoupler so I looked at that and my number one question is how the hell do you get it off??? FIrst of all you cannot remove the lower rack of the oven since it appears to be riveted to the sides, second you have to have micro hands and micro tools to get at the one screw that seems to hold the thermocoupler in place. I would really appreciate some input or advice on how to get it out and replace it or anything else that might help. Thanks

Sdexte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Before you try to replace it, make sure the pilot light is fully on it so it gets a good read. On most appliances you can carefully bend it a little to get it in better position.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #3
footz1941
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21057
I have a Dometic in my unit but selling dealer told me Furrion thermocouples are not replaceable.
Rex and Patsy
footz1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:37 PM   #4
Sdexte
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24981
Quote:
Originally Posted by footz1941 View Post
I have a Dometic in my unit but selling dealer told me Furrion thermocouples are not replaceable.
Interesting.... so does that mean that Furrion guarantees that the thermocouple will never fail??? Or is it their way of selling you another oven!!!! Doesn’t sound very consumer friendly.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:51 PM   #5
Sdexte
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24981
Ok so I have confirmed with Furrion tech support that my issue is either the gas regulator or the thermocouple both of which require the total replacement of the oven. Fortunately my oven is still under warranty and they gave me a case number and told me to contact Keystone. So my question is do I try another Furrion oven/range for free or do I spend the money for a good reliable oven??? I would appreciate input on what other ovens are out there that would be better for us to help me make my decision. I am not opposed to modifying the cabinet to accommodate a bigger oven.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
If Furrion is warranting the original purchase, then you'll have to replace with another Furrion. They won't negotiate to cash settlement so you can go out and purchase something different. It doesn't work that way.

Take the new one.

We have a Furrion stove-oven (2019 model trailer, so relative new), and we've used the actual oven dozens and dozens of times now without any issues at all. We leave the pilot light off when not in actual use though. We don't leave it burning all the time. We light the pilot and then turn on the oven. When done, everything is turned off. Ours has an electronic spark start to fire the pilot. But so far, no issues at all.

So, not all of them are bad. Get the replacement, and see how it works. You won't be given an opportunity for a different brand. I almost guarantee that!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:23 PM   #7
Sdexte
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24981
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
If Furrion is warranting the original purchase, then you'll have to replace with another Furrion. They won't negotiate to cash settlement so you can go out and purchase something different. It doesn't work that way.

Take the new one.

We have a Furrion stove-oven (2019 model trailer, so relative new), and we've used the actual oven dozens and dozens of times now without any issues at all. We leave the pilot light off when not in actual use though. We don't leave it burning all the time. We light the pilot and then turn on the oven. When done, everything is turned off. Ours has an electronic spark start to fire the pilot. But so far, no issues at all.

So, not all of them are bad. Get the replacement, and see how it works. You won't be given an opportunity for a different brand. I almost guarantee that!
Thank you for your response, I was not expecting Furrion to cut me a check to go buy a different oven, I was debating spending my own money to buy an oven that I feel might be more reliable than Furrion. Ours is also on a 2019 Montana and it did work fine up until about a month or two ago when I would not stay lit and not won't light at all. We also did not leave the pilot light lit, shutting everything off when we were done. The problem I have is that it seems like Furrion considers their ovens disposable in that you cannot simply replace parts like in other ovens, so that it forces the consumer to buy another one. What if mine wasn't under warranty and I had to dish out several hundred dollars for a new oven when I could have just replaced a $30 part??.

I'm still up in the air on what I will do.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #8
Mac & Dee
Established Member

M.O.C. #21936
Furrion ovens

Had trouble with this oven since day one. Could not control temp. Dealer replaced. Same thing. Don't think dealer replaced. Dug into it yesterday and found burner rack was installed in the second slot from the bottom. Installed rack in the bottom slot and temp control was 1000 percent better. Readout on digital was very close to thermometer installed in oven. Dial at 380 to maintain 350. Fire blowing out problem caused by both burner racks not seated to back of oven.
Mac & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:29 PM   #9
Chris G

M.O.C. #28435
Trouble lighting Furrion oven

I have read several articles of people having trouble getting the oven pilot light to stay lit after releasing the knob. I have had trouble with this issue since purchasing my 377FL last February. Tonight after some hard headed stubborn not going to sleep until I figure this out, it was a simple fix. If you remove the top panel of the cook top to expose the valves and look at the valve for the oven knob, you will see the thermocouple nut. Mine was very loose and not making a good connection. A simple turn with the wrench has fixed the issue. Try this before replacing your oven.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	767F7A1F-84AC-4F42-93B6-5BD33F0D2E1A.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	8717  
Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:24 PM   #10
Reset19
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23160
Furrion Oven Going out

I have been having an issue with the oven going out after it has been turned on. The burner flame ports are all lit, then at some point only a portion of the burner ports are lit with the flame lifting like the exhaust fan is drawing the gas before it travels completely around the burner. It eventually goes out.

I hope you can clarify what you mean by the “burner shelf”. My burner is mounted directly to the oven. The bottom shelf is two pieces with one being a sliding solid metal shelf (heat distribution plate). Is this what you moved to the bottom shelf mounts, right above the burner?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-22-2021, 09:10 AM   #11
Mregan13

M.O.C. #29915
Worked for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
I have read several articles of people having trouble getting the oven pilot light to stay lit after releasing the knob. I have had trouble with this issue since purchasing my 377FL last February. Tonight after some hard headed stubborn not going to sleep until I figure this out, it was a simple fix. If you remove the top panel of the cook top to expose the valves and look at the valve for the oven knob, you will see the thermocouple nut. Mine was very loose and not making a good connection. A simple turn with the wrench has fixed the issue. Try this before replacing your oven.
Thank You! The solution provided above works! Furrion told me
I would have to buy a new oven as I was out of warranty. Once I pulled the top off I saw the thermocouple nut was loose. After tightening, the pilot
light stayed lit and the oven fired right up and stayed on.

It really is criminal that this check/fix is not more widely publicized.

Thanks again!
Mregan13 is offline   Reply With Quote