Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
greenenergy

M.O.C. #9857
Can RV singles find RV Soulmate in RV lists/forums

SNIP from Helen of RV World--

There is one part of single RVing that does put me off a little and that is when in a park with lots of couple's activities, they are either trying to pair you up with some single guy or looking at you like you have the plague or something when you say 'thanks but no thanks' to the match-making!
----------------------------------------------------------

Hello to all the Montana's--

Do you think there are or know of real stories of singles meeting in RV camps and becoming real RV traveling soul mates. I always see couples that love and live the RV life but I've never heard any stories where male/female have actually met in RV camps and became RV partners.

It seems that most RV couples have first married, saved money, retired or semi retired and then bought an RV and THEN enjoyed the RV life going in fun RV travels in retirement.

But I'm wondering if couples have met in RV camps and then united and together co-bought or co-invested in bigger RV rigs. As for me for instance, I'm single male 56, attractive, creative, self employed, entrepreneur and I'm shopping for a new RV--have a budget of about 80K----but I do imagine what it would be like to find an RV partner who also had matching funds and co-investing in a better RV Rig, Class A, Class C or 5th wheel (or one buys the truck and the other buys the 5th wheel).

And I'm surprised out in the dating world that I'm in, that many women do NOT like RV's--they like traveling-- but in Planes, Hotels,
taxis,-----YUCKKKKKKKKK. Why is it that so many women do not get into the road adventures of RV'ing??? For me, I can not stand airports, packing like sardines into airplanes, unpacking and packing into hotels, taxis, rental cars.

I'd love to here stories of real couples who met in RV camps and then became RV traveling partner couples and combined their location interests in RV living--- like caravanning with other couples going to fun meet-ups like folk festivals, metaphysical & Renaissance faires, RV campsite jams, going to fun places like Quartzsite, Amish country, Celtic faires, Historical recreation festivals, Gemological expos, Balloon festivals, blues festivals, eco-villages with organic farms that are living off the grid, musician gatherings, going to fun adventures like Alaska, Vancouver, Tetons, Mt. Shasta, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Bryce Canyon, Big Sur, Taos, going to
indigenous gatherings and meeting elders, shaman, medicine men/woman and listen to their oral story traditions, traveling to the most awesome pristine nature locations, checking out sacred sites with ancient fire circles, pretroglyphs, cave dwellings, UFO conferences, art festivals, Burning Man festival, wine festivals and more.

And sometimes I wonder if I should start a Yahoo RV list called RV
musicians?? and then we could share music festivals, RV camp jams, music gatherings, music conferences, and off the wall, spontaneous or fun things like drumming circles, jam sessions, house concerts, private concerts, RV campgrounds near music events and sharing schedules with others who are performing, jamming.

Anyone ever been to Kerrville Folk Festival in hill country Texas---18 days of camping in the largest music festival in north America-----the best folk concerts, the best jam sessions, best pickers in all these incredible well known year-after-year continuing reserved campsites with names.....after the concert stages are closed-- everyone goes back to the camps and then the best jam sessions you ever heard go all night....never seen such elaborate "outdoor" camp sites from serious campers
(RV's, teepees, Tents, large open tent structures--some of the outside open tent camps have pianos, carpeted flooring, outside kitchens, one even has a bar--18 days of bliss for musicians, songwriters, composers, performers, artists.

Rod

greenenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I'm not sure but anything is possible. Good Luck. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I know of one couple, she was a single, driving a truck and towing a Montana, she met a very nice dude, driving and truck and towing a SOB. She changed to a MH, they married, they both now share a MH, not sure if it is the one she purchased or not, and it doesn't matter.

Yep, life happens to singles, RVers and regular people too.

Might want to take a gander at: http://www.hitchitch.com/links.html
Just in the first several entries I see unattached ladies, who are RVers, full timers too.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
In my travels, I see very few singles of either sex. Those I have seen are driving smaller rigs...Class Bs and Class Cs.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The escapees RV organization has a group dedicated for singles.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I know the same couple Mrs. CountryGuy knows and they were both RV'rs when they met and married. You should start going to the rallies, there is one in Quartzsite in January, and then another in Kerville, TX in March. There usually is not many singles traveling but there are a lot of people that know other singles that are interested in traveling. Match making at its best with the MOC, what could be better?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
www.lonersonwheels.com/
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Kathy and I met outside of RV'ing (on the internet, actually) and discovered that we both enjoy camping, which led to a popup, then the Monty. We're both thrilled by it and many of our shared adventures and growth are tied to it and its predecessors. We've traveled a fair bit in airplanes, but we far prefer the Monty.
So, the RV women are out there. They are strong partners, as far as I can see from the people we've met here. You have to be, to keep these rigs moving, clean and well-maintained.
The Burning Man is a future destination and we love meeting fellow musicians.
Good luck will find you!
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Yes, Rich's idea of joining the Solo BOF at Escapees.com will put you in touch with lots of others with the same interests that you have.. There are a lot of single people traveling and fulltiming out there.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is a article in this months Escapee's magazine that we got today on the Singles group.. Find a Escapees member and take a look at the magazine.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
There is a singles group on iRV2.com called Solo RV'ers, or something like that. Maybe they have some insight to your questions.

On Edit: Search for Solo RV, or Singles RV and you will come up with a lot of hits. I'd bet some money that there have been encounters that lead to partnerships for life.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote