Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2021, 02:52 PM   #21
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlates View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the San Antonio KOA. We might be in San Antonio in the near future and will avoid that location.
I have stayed at the SanAntonio KOA several time with NO issues. It’s actually a very nice park. It is located in an industrial area with some warehouses and commercial business around but as was discussed previously, it is gated and fenced. It has nice big shade trees that are maintained for clearance hight. I had plenty of room at my big rig site. Great playground, pool, dog area, close to all the activities. Wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. Just an FYI from someone that has stayed there more than once.

Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:03 PM   #22
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I don't have those two friends, unfortunately. I do have 2 adorable Dachshunds that are a year old now and truly found their voice.

But, my other friend is Mr. Walther.
Me too, but I also have Mr. Colt and Mrs. Colt. All three live in a commune. Lol.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:30 PM   #23
Brian S
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27692
Which Nashville KOA? I think there are two?
Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:25 PM   #24
TomandMarilyn

M.O.C. #13425
Have stayed at both Nahville KOA Resort and San Antonio KOA. These are bith very nice campgrounds. You would have no more risk going there, then going downtown in either city... Subject line and dragging in San Antonio KOA is unfair the both businesses that work very hard to keep their parks safe.
TomandMarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:36 PM   #25
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Another good reason to own a firearm.......by the time you call 911 it's too late. A lot of whackos out there and it's only getting worse.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:16 PM   #26
ACKLM8
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25709
I would not "write off" San Antonio KOA as a destination. We thought highly of it and certainly did not feel insecure. Also, bus service right outside the gate makes getting into town very convenient. We would not hesitate to return.
ACKLM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:28 PM   #27
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Let me add some clarity to my statement in post #5 of this thread concerning the SA KOA. As stated it is our favorite campground for trips to SA. We have stayed there dozens of times since 1981, and I stayed there as a kid for Hemisfair ‘68. We have looked at nearly all of the other parks in the SA area and it is still our #1 choice. A 100 yr flood event in Oct 1998 damaged much of the park but they have been building and improving every year since and it is a first class place. It is convenient to everything we like to do in SA.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:47 PM   #28
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
The world can be a scary place. Now I have to worry about my Montana neighbors having concealed weapons!

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:04 PM   #29
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
To get back to the original question, yes I have seen a regular home deadbolt installed on a trailer (not sure what all was involved) but I didn't care because it didn't matter. If a Huskey left alone and upset about it can dig his way out thru a camper door a better dead bolt isn't going to keep anyone out.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:20 PM   #30
montanaowner
Established Member

M.O.C. #26686
Makes perfect sense to me to be armed at all times traveling. At least in the states where that is legal. Law enforcement seems to have their hands tied now and are the coverage is getting a little thin in certain places.
montanaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:24 PM   #31
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandMarilyn View Post
.. Subject line and dragging in San Antonio KOA is unfair the both businesses that work very hard to keep their parks safe.
I agree. Latest report is that the police are searching for her boy friend, with whom she apparently had a somewhat difficult relationship, as a suspect in the case. Seems almost a weekly report of the same sad event reported somewhere. It could happen on any city street or country road.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #32
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
To get back to the original question, yes I have seen a regular home deadbolt installed on a trailer (not sure what all was involved) but I didn't care because it didn't matter. If a Huskey left alone and upset about it can dig his way out thru a camper door a better dead bolt isn't going to keep anyone out.
Storage facility where I keep mine had several RVs broken into several years ago. On 2 5ers on one side of me and a MH on the other they just broke the door window and reach in and opened the locks. For some reason they only got in my basement and stole a few minor things. So yeah, a better dead bolt would not have stopped them.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:58 PM   #33
AnArky
Established Member

M.O.C. #28708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABURKHOLDER View Post
The world can be a scary place. Now I have to worry about my Montana neighbors having concealed weapons!
Armed responsible neighbors are a good thing and nothing to worry about. In fact it is less worry.
AnArky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 11:07 PM   #34
AnArky
Established Member

M.O.C. #28708
People get murdered everywhere, from upscale neighborhoods to all levels. Enjoy life, live your life without fear, just be prepared with a plan for anywhere.
AnArky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #35
montanaowner
Established Member

M.O.C. #26686
That is the whole point of "concealed". That pistol stays hidden until someone's life is in imminent danger.

Be at peace and enjoy your life. People are watching and want society to be safer for everyone.
montanaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:43 AM   #36
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaowner View Post
That is the whole point of "concealed". That pistol stays hidden until someone's life is in imminent danger.
That's what confuses me about the whole popular push for open carry. If someone is going to shoot up a place, who is going to be the first target? The person who is known to have a gun to stop them. I don't want to be that person.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:44 AM   #37
bamakeifer

M.O.C. #20886
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaowner View Post
Makes perfect sense to me to be armed at all times traveling. At least in the states where that is legal. Law enforcement seems to have their hands tied now and are the coverage is getting a little thin in certain places.
Responsible concealed carry owners are not the individuals using the weapons in a harmful manner. As you have noted in another post, hidden (concealed) until needed. Having said that there are numerous states that allow open carry. In my opinion, if you own or plan to own a sidearm (weapon of any type) KNOW the rules and regulations associated with that ownership and it’s use. Your next door neighbor (Montana owner) with a concealed weapon is the least of your worries. Back to the door bolt, I have not found a better option than the factory dead bolt your Montana has installed.
bamakeifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:49 AM   #38
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
The other thought about Open Carry, is if a place is full of folks Open Carrying, is the idiot who is thinking of opening fire might reconsider with a room full of firearms pointed at him/her.
But I personally think concealed is better, you might be surprised how many folks right around you are carrying concealed.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:51 AM   #39
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
We always bypass Nashville and when we visit a daughter in San Antonio we stay out in the northwest side boonies at Lake Medina CG.

Murders happen at all levels of life. Two people that I knew well are currently in jail, life terms. One was a large national company's engineer I worked and went to church with that pushed his wife off a cliff. The other from a very well to do family that owned a large northeastern regional bakery, and was my son's college roommate for two years, 'blew' a guy away that he had a nasty argument with over a few dollars.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:54 AM   #40
bamakeifer

M.O.C. #20886
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnArky View Post
Armed responsible neighbors are a good thing and nothing to worry about. In fact it is less worry.
Agree AnArky!
Responsible concealed carry owners are not the individuals using the weapons in a harmful manner. As you have noted in another post, hidden (concealed) until needed. Having said that there are numerous states that allow open carry. In my opinion, if you own or plan to own a sidearm (weapon of any type) KNOW the rules and regulations associated with that ownership and it’s use. Your next door neighbor (Montana owner) with a concealed weapon is the least of your worries. Back to the door bolt, I have not found a better option than the factory dead bolt your Montana has installed.
bamakeifer is offline   Reply With Quote