Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2021 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2021, 06:19 PM   #21
bigfrank
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12319
Registration for fall rally

As far as I know this is the only site that will have info to register

bigfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:52 AM   #22
Penn Men
Established Member

M.O.C. #24253
This will be our first rally and we are looking forward to it. I keep checking for registration info and I’ll keep checking back, we are excited about being there! If there is a list, please put us on it.
Penn Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:01 AM   #23
CindyS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23195
Woohoo cannot wait!
Old 05-10-2021, 09:24 AM   #24
Penn Men
Established Member

M.O.C. #24253
I’m trying to keep posts to a minimum but some questions:
1. This will be our first rally and we want to get the most out of it. When will we know about the sessions we can sign up to attend?
2. Is there a link of these sessions from past rallies so I can see the kinds of break out sessions that are available?
3. We are 2 guys. We are both capable but I have never handled the rig, plus we have been learning as we go and want to know more. Is there a Driving School that guys may attend?
Thanks for any input and we are ready to learn all that we can. Cliff
Old 05-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #25
bigfrank
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12319
2021 rally

Penn Men
I attended my first rally in 2017 and after the registration is open and all have signed up they will post all the activities and things you can sign up to attend it is a wonderful experience you will enjoy every minute
Bigfrank
bigfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #26
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn Men View Post
1. This will be our first rally and we want to get the most out of it. When will we know about the sessions we can sign up to attend?
2. Is there a link of these sessions from past rallies so I can see the kinds of break out sessions that are available?
3. We are 2 guys. We are both capable but I have never handled the rig, plus we have been learning as we go and want to know more. Is there a Driving School that guys may attend?
You make a good point about a driving school for the guys to attend. So far it’s only been a ladies driving school, and I believe the reason is that in the majority of cases, it’s the guy who drives, not the lady. But I think it should be open to guys.

In your situation, with two guys, then why shouldn’t the non-driver be eligible for the driving school? Our daughter has a fifth wheel (not a Montana). She is single. Her current boyfriend had never been in an RV before he met her. Would he not be eligible for the driving school if she had a Montana and they were at the rally? I really think that this driving school should be opened up to any gender, with the only prerequisite being that the person taking it is not the primary driver.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #27
Penn Men
Established Member

M.O.C. #24253
Thanks BigFrank. I’m patient just want to be ready for sign up when it’s a go! Haha. We felt cheated last year which would have been our first rally, we’ll make for it this year.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:16 PM   #28
Penn Men
Established Member

M.O.C. #24253
Yep Loneoak, I agree. I understand the rules for the Ladies driving course and I don’t want to make any waves, I have no problem being taught on my own after the ladies are done. But it’s a safety issue. A few years back I got my motorbike and Jerry was gonna ride with me. I wanted him to take the bike safety class b/c as I explained, suppose I get hurt, sprain my ankle and I can’t drive the bike, he needed to know how to drive a bike in case it became necessary. Same with our rig. If he gets hurt I need to drive, maneuver, and back-up. I can learn in the field but I’d prefer to take a class and gain info I can share with him. I pull small flat beds with our truck and tractor, I can do it, I just want instructor training. By the way, after he took the bike safety class he wanted his own bike so we never rode together!!! Hahaha.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:15 PM   #29
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Quote:
Yep Loneoak, I agree. I understand the rules for the Ladies driving course and I don’t want to make any waves, I have no problem being taught on my own after the ladies are done. But it’s a safety issue. A few years back I got my motorbike and Jerry was gonna ride with me. I wanted him to take the bike safety class b/c as I explained, suppose I get hurt, sprain my ankle and I can’t drive the bike, he needed to know how to drive a bike in case it became necessary. Same with our rig. If he gets hurt I need to drive, maneuver, and back-up. I can learn in the field but I’d prefer to take a class and gain info I can share with him. I pull small flat beds with our truck and tractor, I can do it, I just want instructor training. By the way, after he took the bike safety class he wanted his own bike so we never rode together!!! Hahaha.
We are Canadians and can only go if the border is open, so we are really hoping this happens. We bought our Monty in 2017 but couldn’t go to the rally that year because of a previously arranged trip to China that conflicted with it. We did go in 2018 and 2019 and really enjoyed it. We met some new friends. Looking forward to meeting you in September!

2017 High Country 305RL
Old 05-10-2021, 10:19 PM   #30
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Here is a link to the Agenda from the 2019 Rally.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=78930

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:00 AM   #31
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
If they decide to open the driving school to both genders, they could rename it the copilot driving course. The copilot is usually the lady, but can be a guy.

2017 High Country 305RL
Old 05-11-2021, 09:33 AM   #32
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
The idea of opening up the Ladies Driving Class at the Fall Rally has been discussed in prior years. Unfortunately, the instructors have told the Wagon Masters from prior Rallies that the men cannot be taught and will not listen to the instructors in how to do things. They have had this problem before. Yup, the ladies are probably correct when they say we won't listen to them! LOL It has also been brought up about having a separate class for men but the same things applies to it. The men will not listen to the instructors and do things their way.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #33
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
The idea of opening up the Ladies Driving Class at the Fall Rally has been discussed in prior years. Unfortunately, the instructors have told the Wagon Masters from prior Rallies that the men cannot be taught and will not listen to the instructors in how to do things. They have had this problem before. Yup, the ladies are probably correct when they say we won't listen to them! LOL It has also been brought up about having a separate class for men but the same things applies to it. The men will not listen to the instructors and do things their way.
Thanks Rondo!
2020 GMC 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Marilynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:00 AM   #34
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Quote:
Hi!

First rally! How exciting!

1.After registration starts and as we get closer to the rally, more information about activities and events will be released. Some events you’ll need to sign up and others you just attend.

2. If you look in the section of past rallies, you will see all that was offered.

3. We offer a Ladies Driving School at this time.

Keep watching the section of the fall rally to find the updates, as they come in. It starts slow and really gets going as we move closer to September.

See you at the rally!
Marilyn
Wagon Master
Old 05-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #35
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
Quote:

As a professional trucker of 30plus years, I would more than happily assist you in learning the driving/backing part of the rig. I don't know everything about the coaches, but Im willing to assist you in any way that I can, as I'm certain many others can/will do at the rally! We plan on attending our very first rally this year also, along with my brother/sister in law from Ms. We are ready for this adventure of a National Rally of fellow Montana Owners!!!
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #36
Penn Men
Established Member

M.O.C. #24253
That sounds great! Maybe we can plan something after the ladies are done! I would really appreciate that. I want to learn, I think I have a lot to learn, hope that is the right attitude. And again, I do NOT seek to do anything to change the Ladies Driving Class, I am coming to join the Rally, not change it. I say keep the Ladies Driving Class, the WM’s know what they’re doing. I just want to learn and happy to do it on my own time after the ladies are done.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:30 PM   #37
MGVenne
Established Member

M.O.C. #27469
Looking forward to our first rally!
MGVenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:14 PM   #38
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGVenne View Post
Looking forward to our first rally!

Awesome! They are so much fun!
Old 05-18-2021, 06:51 AM   #39
RWJ555
Established Member

M.O.C. #20787
2021 Rally Sign UP

We have been on the road for the past 3 weeks and hope that we did not miss the sign-up for this year's rally. Any updates? Thanks and can wait for our first rally after trying the last 3 years.
RWJ555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:47 AM   #40
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
You did not miss it. If you go to the top of the page, you will find this thread. If you click on the link next to it (2021 North American Fall Rally), you will see there was a new thread started two days ago telling us to get ready and know our MOC number (and how to find it).
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote