Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2024, 06:37 PM   #1
Ttman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26744
I’m no insurance agent or an insurance expert, based on my understanding each state has varying laws and requirements that impact the cost, but here are somethings to consider. When towing our truck insurance kicks in to a certain degree so we have double coverage while towing. You will want to speak with your truck company to insure enough coverage while towing and/or know your specific company and policy parameters no matter what you decide to do. I’ve had the same auto company for almost 40 years so my low auto rate has a bunch of discounts so I couldn’t recommend them to be your cheapest option. The deductible you select has a big impact on your rates as well as how many miles you plan to drive each year. Some auto companies have varying rates if you drive 15k, 10k, 7,500k per year. If you don’t ask, they don’t tell you! While towing and when parked and separated from the truck we have a separate policy brokered through a different company to cover the trailer because they were actually cheaper than our auto company. Wether you go with one company or separate companies, you will want to make sure you have adequate content coverage for all of the stuff you put inside the trailer as well. Word of caution are that some companies will offer a reduced rate for putting the OBD-2 device in your vehicle, but it can count against you towing because of the high RPM, moving a loaded trailer can cause! I know I’m not helping with a company name, but hopefully this will help you in your search.

Ttman is offline   Reply With Quote