Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2021, 09:16 AM   #1
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
Hinge on refrigerator door broke off

On a just completed trip to Lake Havasu, Valley of fire. The lower hinge point on my Norcold N811 broke off and of course the door fell out of opening. The hinge point is molded to the lower door frame, which is a poor design. I think all the rough roads on US40 and Rt 193 took its toll on the door.
In looking I only see a complete door replacement and a possible "bracket" to beef up the lower hinge point.
Any input on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

09 2955rl,5 Sailun 637 , Mor ryde wet bolt kit, 50 amp progressive hard wired surge protector, solar , 4-6 volt Interstate batteries, charge indicator, HD tow hitch ,2-2000w Honda generators, Back up camera,2015 F-350,6.7,
air bags,, 50 gallon Titan Pace Edwards bed cover, TST 507-FT
Keith Schweizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:59 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
This has happened before and, as I recall, you are going to be disappointed in your repair options. I remember people repairing/manufacturing the door bracket to fix the problem. Do a Search here with keywords like refrig hinge broken repair etc. and you should be able to find it.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:56 PM   #3
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
Carl, Thank you for that information. I will definitely make a full length "bracket" to make the repair. I was kind of thinking along those lines, but seeing it made and screwed in place looks pretty easy.
That being said, WHY would Norcold make something with that kind of design that is designed?? All about the$$$

Thanks Again, I appreciate your quick reply, Keith
09 2955rl,5 Sailun 637 , Mor ryde wet bolt kit, 50 amp progressive hard wired surge protector, solar , 4-6 volt Interstate batteries, charge indicator, HD tow hitch ,2-2000w Honda generators, Back up camera,2015 F-350,6.7,
air bags,, 50 gallon Titan Pace Edwards bed cover, TST 507-FT
Keith Schweizer is offline   Reply With Quote