Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2021, 10:40 PM   #1
Omega

M.O.C. #29652
Need Help: 2014 / Model 3850 FL

First time posting and I could use some feedback from anyone experiencing these issues: 1). Frigidaire Convection Microwave stopped heating anything up. Everything else works fine. Has anyone had same experience. Repaired/replaced and if your unit was replaced, with what manufacturer/model? 2). Outside TV will not pick-up on channels cable is bringing in, front lounge TV is displaying all channels found during search. 3). Black water odor (slight) is emanating from bottom right cabinet (part of the credenza), in dining/kitchen area immediately other side of wall from bathroom/toilet. Any thoughts or experiences will help. Thank you, Scott.

Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:30 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Not the same unit, but we replaced our conv/micro with a sharp we got from Amazon and found we got not only a better unit, but much better hanging bracket. I'm going to assume you bought this unit used, if so the previous owner may have removed the splitter in the ceiling of the basement that sent the signal to that TV. The reason I suspect this is that I've done the same thing on both our 2010 and 2017 models due to the splitter interfering with getting a good signal to the tv from the satellite dish I was using. Since we don't watch TV outside it was an easy fix. The smell could be a number of things. If your sink has an interior vent (google under sink vents) it could be that the springs are stuck and you're getting tank smell back into the rig. If your tank is open then you could be getting sewer smell back thru the tank and out the vent. If that area is plumbed for a washer then the same thing could be happening from that drain. Let us know what you find there are other things it could be and we'll try and help further.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
The outside television? Look at your power booster for the television, you know, that thing with the push button and the coax cable connections. If yours has 2 jack ports, you may need to put a short jumper between the two for the second television to be active for cable. And it's possible, you just might not be scanning the outside television correctly. If you can run a cable directly from the campground cable television hook up to the outside television, you will know if it's the television or something disconnected in the camper.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
On a 2014, the outside TV signal requires a jumper at the booster setup. In a normal mode, the jumper feeds the signal from the cable in to the bedroom TV. There is another RF port for the outside TV. Move the jumper from the Bedroom port to the outside port. *NOTE* this is the way a front bedroom Montana is setup. The Front Living Room model may have the booster and ports located and labeled differently, but there will be a jumper needed.

As for the sewer smell, there are a number of possible causes. Leaking tank, broken vent line, bad air admittance valve under sink, etc. One thing many overlook is *IF* you are plumbed for a washer/dryer but you *DON'T* have one installed, the water lines can collect stagnant water. Attach a hose to each water line and run the water down the drain until clear.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:18 AM   #5
Omega

M.O.C. #29652
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Not the same unit, but we replaced our conv/micro with a sharp we got from Amazon and found we got not only a better unit, but much better hanging bracket. I'm going to assume you bought this unit used, if so the previous owner may have removed the splitter in the ceiling of the basement that sent the signal to that TV. The reason I suspect this is that I've done the same thing on both our 2010 and 2017 models due to the splitter interfering with getting a good signal to the tv from the satellite dish I was using. Since we don't watch TV outside it was an easy fix. The smell could be a number of things. If your sink has an interior vent (google under sink vents) it could be that the springs are stuck and you're getting tank smell back into the rig. If your tank is open then you could be getting sewer smell back thru the tank and out the vent. If that area is plumbed for a washer then the same thing could be happening from that drain. Let us know what you find there are other things it could be and we'll try and help further.
Thanks for reply and ideas. Fixed the MW, found broken wire on some electrical component where one wire went to door safety switch. Added new connector and all is working. I'll investigate other issues using your suggestions. Excellent way to seek advise/communicate with Montana owners. Tx again.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:20 AM   #6
Omega

M.O.C. #29652
Excellent, thanks, will explore those ideas. Appreciate your taking time to share ideas.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #7
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
On a 2014, the outside TV signal requires a jumper at the booster setup. In a normal mode, the jumper feeds the signal from the cable in to the bedroom TV. There is another RF port for the outside TV. Move the jumper from the Bedroom port to the outside port. *NOTE* this is the way a front bedroom Montana is setup. The Front Living Room model may have the booster and ports located and labeled differently, but there will be a jumper needed.

As for the sewer smell, there are a number of possible causes. Leaking tank, broken vent line, bad air admittance valve under sink, etc. One thing many overlook is *IF* you are plumbed for a washer/dryer but you *DON'T* have one installed, the water lines can collect stagnant water. Attach a hose to each water line and run the water down the drain until clear.
Am I missing something, I tried to unscrew the island sink air admittance valve and either it is glued in or I am getting real weak or I have no clue how to get it off so it can be replaced. What is the trick if any.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6411.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	10298  
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #8
tadano64

M.O.C. #14457
Here is the tv/sat diagram from my 2015. This helped me ts our reception problem many years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0065.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	10299  
tadano64 is offline   Reply With Quote