Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Throw another log on the fire!

Well it has finally hit here in Nebraska! As I sit here and type this short thread out the thermometer is reading 26 degrees! The wind is blowing out of the NW at about 17 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. The windchill is 13* and lower with the gusts. You look out and you see a few white little flakes coming down out of a grey sky--nothing of any consequense YET but that can change at any time around here! It's suppose to get down to 19* tonight for a low and all the way up to 30 tomarrow for a High with snow flurries for the next two or three days. I have to attend a farm sale tomarrow and I guess I'll dress in the heavy coat and gloves for that. Not really looking forward to it but one must do what one must do!
I envy all of my Brother and Sister MOCrs that are sitting outside with a cool one in hand and enjoying that Southern heat! Oh well, guess I'll just sit here by the fire, drem and throw another log on the fire!
Hope all of you have a Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous and enjoyable 2010 and hope to see many of you this spring, summer and fall as we all make the rallies across this great nation of ours! If you are ever in the Omaha area give us a hollar and we can meet and enjoy some of the Nebraska Good Life! God Bless!

Ron and Mary

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ron I have always wanted to live someplace like that. I could set by a fire and watch the snow. It is a great site to see. But only for a week or so. "LOL" It was 70 and sunny here today. You and mary take care and have a wonderful Christmas.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Rondo, you must be talking Celsius. 26 degrees fahrenheit at around 5:00pm is below freezing. Sounds like only a place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Have you heard the term Snow-Bird? You are supposed to fly south as the winter approaches.

We are having a cold spell where I am. It was 65 degrees fahrenheit while I was working on my Monty. I had to wear sweatpants with my T-shirt while I was working under the rig for crying out loud. That was cold... not!

Stay warm and stay safe!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ron, If it would make you feel better, the forecast for the hill country near San Antonio, TX for Friday IS 60% chance of SNOW with temps Friday night in the low 20's. Did you send this weather our way? If so, you can have it back. After living 14 years in Anchorage, AK, I have seen my fair share of snow, enough to know I don't want to live in it again, at least not 7 months at a time. Stay warm and come see us!!!!!! (This can't last too long)
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Here on the Gulf Coast, Texas City, will see about 25 degrees tomorrow night. But that is just for a short time. 48 on Sat, 62 on Sun, 63, on Mon, and a whoopee 70 on tuesday. Now, below 70 is freezing for me.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Art-- No that is fahrenheit and it is cold out there! I'm sitting here at midnight right now and it is 17 and the forecast changed and it's suppose to hit 1* tonight with winds out of the NW at max of 9mph! Whoopee, it will feel warm without that high winds! I know what snowbird means but when you have a 14 month old grandson and a new granddaughter on the way it's called stick around. We are heading for New Zealand and Australia in about a month so we will see some warm weather anyway! Can you see me going to the airport in cutoffs and a T-shirt. Sure I will!!!
Phil-- I had my share of the white stuff also while being stationed in the UP of Michigan. We had 13 ft of snow that winter I was there! I think that's one reason I got out! Hope you don't get to cold with those temps down there in Texas! We have relatives down there and they are getting out their longjohns and winter parkas with those temps! Send those temps back up in your next post and I'll see if I can find a box to put them in!
Wayne-- Don't rub it in! At least you can enjoy those 20's for a night. The reason it's getting warmer is because everyone is turning on all of those heaters across the State and thus the start of the "Global warming" area again in the South!
Enjoy it gang and I'll try and send you some of the Aussie weather when we get "Downunder"!!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Have a great trip "Downunder". That is a place I've always wanted to see. Send us pictures.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Ron,
I symphathize with you. I have procrastinated with the annual ritual of hanging Christmas lights and cannot put it off any longer. It has to happen this weekend. Snow is forecast, lows in the 20's and 30's and Bingo will be right there climbing the ladder and stringing all new led's at the house. This is not a complaint since it has become accepted as my annual fate that I will not have time to do the dastardly deed at any time when temperatures are above freezing. So take comfort in the fact that even though it will be colder where you are at, at least you will have the option to gather around the warm fire, my only option is coming inside occassionally to defrost and hopefully grab some hot chocolate or coffee!!! I am thinking of extending the decorations to the dock this year, which will give an opportunity to fire up the chimenea and at least have a hand warmer available there.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #9
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Cold spell here in Yuma, down to 65*.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:51 AM   #10
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
And we are in New Caney, Tx and being blamed for bringing OHIO weather down here. I wore
my Ohio State sweatshirt to retrieve the paper this morning and was unjustly accused.
We didn't bring it here cause we haven't had it yet at home. Cold yes, but not snow.
Park manager here is looking forward to cold temps.-says it will kill the bugs and weeds.
Everyone can't be happy.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 AM   #11
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
We are east of the Rockies here in the North West and the storm has just moved in this morning! Snow, Snow and more Snow!! We had a beautiful November and now we're getting the cold. In the -7 Celsius (about 19.4 F). Going down to the lows of -19 Celsius (-2.2F) this weekend so it is block heater time and yes more logs on the fire.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We were going to put up our Christmas lights today but it was wet and extremely cold here in Florida near Disney. Don't think it will hit 65 degrees today and no sun.. We want our money back. We have the furnace set at 70 and it has not come on..yet.. It could get in the 40's tonite..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #13
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Go ahead and rub it in Rich! If you miss the cold you could go and help Bingo put up his lights too!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
We missed the "Blizzard". We were in Virginia for a week, however we did have 6 inches of snow Saturday. Came back to see all of this white stuff--guess we will have a white christmas.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Gasp.... 83 yesterday here near Disney and record highs predicted for today..near 90!!!!!! when will it end....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:02 AM   #16
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
The sweat is just running off me thinking about that type of temps, Rich! How about if I send you some of this snow and 20's temps and you can start your own little ski resort down there at Disney?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #17
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
76 degrees here today and NOT a cloud in the sky. My heart goes out to all of you in subfreezing weather, wait a minute, I spent 14 years in Alaska and I don't remember any one feeling sorry for us. Actually If I never see the snow again I won't miss it. I sure love sitting here with all the windows open and a slight breeze and the wife making Salmon Chowder for tonight. AHHHHHHH Life is Great!!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Now Phil, that is just down right mean lol. Makes me think of tomorrow morning as I head to work at the railroad, riding on the side of box cars in the dead of winter here in Mi. Actually today was pretty mild, think it almost hit 25*. so its a heat wave. Be in the teens tonight or less so a good day tomorrow I would imagine for railroading.

To bad you have to sit there in that 70* plus heat while I get to play in the snow

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Dave, toss a 50 lb block of ice in the back of the truck, face west turn left and drive till the ice melts. Then drive another 800 miles just to make sure it stays melted...Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Exnavydiver,

Al and I drove 1000 miles to Gulf Shores, I have had to wear my thermies almost every day since arrival, brrrrrr. Had to bring the plants IN the house several nights cause I was afraid they were gonna freeze.

Can we tell how much ole Carol hates winter?? Short daylight (which I fight with one monster Ott light!!) and cool to cold. Snow, or in the case of Gulf Shores, RAIN RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN! BLECHHHHH to all of it! LOL

I am shopping for pontoons for Tana. SIGHHHHH

All that said, Winter hits everywhere, and it ain't 17 and inches of snow and sleet in the forecast for tomorrow.

And, on the truly POSITIVE side, I am IN Tana, not in the stick, read my sig line! Twice blest, cold or not, twice blest!

But I still would not mind just a bit of sun and a bit more warmth! Greedy ain't I??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote