Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Camping Clubs

Got an ad to join Camp Club USA and was wondering what "Clubs" you all belong to? Are they really worth the cost of the yearly dues and are they really what they are discribed as in their bochures? I'd like the "+'s and -'s" from you! Thanks in advance!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We are members of Passport America, C2C and Resorts of Distinction (ROD). We paid the heavy downstroke when we were younger and earning and now just the maintenance fees. We have used them all extensively and will also during our western tour starting tomorrow. We appreciate the lower nightly costs and a better chance of getting into a campground that we like.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Camp Club USA is nearly a carbon copy of Passport America but they do not have the numbers of CGs that Passport America has.

I would strongly suggest joining Passport America. Passport America member parks will give a 50% discount on their nightly rates. Each park has it's own conditions/restrictions as to when and for how long the discount applies. These conditions can be found on either the Passport America website or in the Book you will get as a member. The cost to join is $44 per year but you can make that up the first week you are out camping. The second campground we stayed at after joining charged $40 per night, we stayed 4 nights at $20 per night. You do the math. Last spring we spent 6 nights at Elite Resorts near Ocala, Florida. The parks rate was $32.00 a night, we paid $16.00 dollars a night. That was a savings of $96.00.
If you do decide to join please reference the following number as it will get me a discount off of next years dues. # CW335639
Email me or send a Private Message if you would care for additional info.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
After reviewing CampClub I stuck with Passport America and of course Good Sams. On the last renewal I paid for it the first week we stayed at a PA.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we have CampClub and have saved dollars--a lot of the campgrounds are Passport America ones too. CampCLub just added a lot of places in the last year and keep adding. We have saved more than it cost for the membership
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We belong to Holiday Trails a Canadian membership system. With this we have AOR, C2C, RPI, and Enjoy America. The first three you have to belong to a membership campground and the last anyone can join.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm with Passport America for their good 50% discount (with restrictions) and I also use the 10% discount of Good Sam, KOA, and TACO (local for Texas & New Mexico). PA paid for itself the first time I used it.

Darn! I read this earlier and was going to give you MY number. Well, Glenn need to pay for his tires!!!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560

Well Wayne Glenn didn't beat you out since I'm already a PA member. The couple we bought the Monte from were members and they got the credit for us joining! We are members of PA, KOA and Good Sams and were thinking of joining Camp Club USA and just wanted to know what others thought of them! Still may join them since they are adding more and more CGs monthly! I know, PA is nearly the same but Camp Club seems to be trying hard to keep up with PA. We were members of Family Campers last year but don't think we'll renew that membership! Couldn't see that much advantage to their membership. Anyone else that would like to comment I've still got my ears and eyes open! Thanks to those that have already contributed to this thread!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have KOA and PA. We are among those who like KOA Campgrounds. Pa at 50% off and a large selection all over the country works well for us. We dropped Good Sams and Happy campers as they were repetitious.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We belong to Thousand Trails, PA, Good Sam, KOA, Excapees, RPI and use the Mil Fam Camps when we can. Most are too cheap NOT to belong to and when fulltiming usually pay for themselves. Will probably not renew Escapees this year, haven't used them yet......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #11
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Were also members of Passport America, ROD, Thousand trails, and Outdoor World. The last one is only on the east coast. We use all three when traveling and save a bundle. This year were heading out west on an extended vacation and intend on using all of them most of the way. I think there is only a hand full of stops that will not be one of the above. In the winters, we use Thousand Trails and outdoor world in Florida and don't pay a cent other than our annual maint fees.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote