Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Dealership test...

Just got off the phone with the dealership. I'm taking the Monty in Thursday morning and dropping her off. I have a list of about 10 things that need to be addressed. Guess I'll see how good this place is now that it's service time. They have an impeccable reputation, but that's other's opinions....I'll have my own soon enough...LOL Cover me...I'm goin' in...LOL

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Couple of suggestions...

- Be very specific as to what you want them to do, and give it to them in writing.
- When you pick up the rig, check everything before you leave.

Our dealership is full of very nice and pleasant folks, and they gave us a great price. However their service is sorry at best, and their technical knowledge is lacking.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
good luck.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jan, flak jacket and check your weapons......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:16 AM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
If you don't post in a day or two, we'll hire the A-Team to come look for you
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
WE GOT YER SIX!!!KID. GO GET 'EM
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Well, I couldn't take the Monty to the dealership today...:-( There's a high wind advisory all over the state, and I don't want to deal with it. Since I won't be using the 5er again until April, I don't need to be in a big hurry to get it taken care of. Next week is soon enough. I'm expecting the air bags to be in at CW next week also, maybe I'll get the air bags first, so I can try them out towing the Monty to the dealership.

Jan
Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Jan, Everything happens for a reason. Sounds like this whole situation will turn out to be a good one. Lisa
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Well, the Monty is now tucked in at the dealership. I had a list of 12 items for them to take care of. I stopped by to chat with the saleswoman I deal with. We started talking about this website, and I told her I've learned more here than anywhere else. She jumped on her laptop and I believe she will now be checking out this forum...LOL Hopefully everything will go well with my service, and I'll stay a happy camper. Now part of me feels like a student doing their homework, with the teacher looking over their shoulder...LOL Anyway, the deed is done, and now I just need to wait for the results.

Jan
Old 02-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Curious what the problems were, in that we are doing initial inspection of a 3400RL this Saturday. Can you give us a brief overview, and we will be sure to at least check that your problems (deficiencies) or whatever are not present in our unit. Thanks in advance for the info.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:47 AM   #11
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Sure Bingo, here ya go...

1. Trim piece in LR pulls away from the wall everytime I open the slideout.

2. The fireplace rattles when the heater is on.

3. One LR slideout will go out halfway, then stop. The other will then go out. The first one will not come out after that, so I have to close them and start over. This doesn't happen every time, but still, somethin' ain't right with that.

4. There is glue on the BR carpet by the bed. Tried Goo Gone, didn't work good enough.

5. There is some kind of messy glob of something on the wood by the pantry door. If I try to remove it, I could cause damage. Better they have to do it.

6. LR and Kitchen windows take all of my upper body strength to open and close once they hit the half way point. So difficult, I was avoiding opening them all the way.

7. Stripped cap on one of the LR lamps. Everytime I would set up again, I would have to go in search of that little ball...LOL

8. There are two huge knots under the carpeting in the LR. Doesn't feel too good stepping on them barefoot.

9. A piece of seal tape is loose outside on one of the slideouts. I want that taken care of before it becomes a big problem. I have slide covers, but thats not gonna help if it leaks at the loose tape.

10. One of the sink covers is warped.

11. Screw missing from towel rack in bathroom closet. I told them about it during my walkthru, they said it would be taken care of, but never was.

12. Finally, the brake control in the cab of my TV rubs on my shin constantly while driving. This can drive you crazy after a few thousand miles...LOL I had them move it once before when they installed it, but it still isn't right. If I were to get into an accident, I see that puppy busting my shin. I told them I would prefer it to be mounted on the left side of the steering wheel, they said they prefer not to do that, because people tend to bump it when getting into the vehicle. Well, I'd rather bump it once and get it over with, than to have it constantly bumping my shin...LOL So, it's going where I tell them it's going...LOL

There are a few other things that bother me, but I'm concerned it may border on nit picking...LOL In the kitchen ceiling, I can see the holes from the staples. When I built yachts, we would cover all holes with putty crayons to fill in the holes so they couldn't be seen. So, there is a very straight line of holes in my kitchen ceiling...LOL

And lastly, the way they insert the bungs in the wood drives me nuts. Again, when I was building yachts, we would put the bung in, use an extremely sharp chiesel to pop off the excess, then sand it down to blend in with the wood. In the Monty, they are just rounded off, and stuck into the hole. I already have a few that I'll need to put some glue on because they're falling out. It's one of the things that I think shows the difference between a craftsman who does his job, and one who takes pride in it.

I have to go now, because it has stopped snowing, and we are now getting a very scary thunder and lightening storm. What a crazy winter this is!!!

Jan