Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Tim McGraw/Faith Hill

Any fans of Tim & Faith out there? Cheryl, as we speak (write?), is sitting in the Palace (Auburn Hills) about 50' from stage as they are performing tonight from 8-11. I am not that big of a fan, so I told her I'd drive. I am relaxing in our Amerisuites room.

A couple months ago I heard her talking to our daughter, who had planned on going to this concert. Cheryl sadly mentioned that we did not have the money in our budget for such a trip (tickets alone were $100+ each). I turned around at my desk and tossed her my credit card. She said, "What's that for???" I said, "What do you think?" She told our daughter on the other end of the phone, "Gotta go. Your dad just gave me his credit card and I'M GOING!"

I got the best meals for a long time.

She is like a kid in a candy store. It really does my heart good to see her that happy about life.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:41 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
The first concert Bill and I went to way back in 1995 was Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. At that time they were not married (neither were Bill and I). Tim was the star of the show and Faith was just getting started. I remember paying about $18.00 for the tickets. It was held at the arena in Duluth, MN. The show was great. We have seen them several times since but liked the first show much better. I hope Cheryl had a ball.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
She really enjoyed herself. She is kind of bummed because the camera didn't take very good picts, but she did enjoy herself.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave just remember when that coach of yours arrives and you end up at Camping World. When you go to stock that baby up and your wife says what do you think your doing? You have the very answer for her, "you got Tim & Faith" and I get Camping World. Glad to hear she had such a good time, life is too short to miss such an event. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
That's a great theory, Dave! Bet that don't work, though... Sometimes Cheryl does not run on logic.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Oh ya sorry Dave I forgot, I am the one who is single. I guess sometimes my logic does not work for anyone but me. =)
Old 05-08-2006, 03:59 AM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Well I like logic. Just hard to coordinate this with the wife sometimes... =)

Actually this is good, because if we had done everything in our life that was "logical" (the way I wanted to do, or NOT do something), we wouldn't have accomplished many of the very good things that we have been able to do in life - and we wouldn't be associated with some of the most influential people in our lives - if it hadn't been for Cheryl's input on our "forks in the road" in life. Sometimes logic is a dead end road that does not open up opportunites to realize some great dreams. I am very thankful for my wife. (I still like logic, though...)
Old 05-08-2006, 06:14 AM   #8
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
What a nice way to say "I was wrong, she was right." I'll have to remember that.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Yeah, but notice how long it took me to spread that simple explanation out, Dennis...
Old 05-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
So what your saying Dave is maybe I should re-think ever getting married?? ...... =)
Old 05-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Actually, Dave a good wife can shake you out of a "rut" in life and get you to think of more possibilties than would would have thought of by yourself. So... yes, you need a good woman, Dave.

I have the fortunate situation that my wife is also my best friend.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #12
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Back in may 03 Tim had a Free concert for the familes of the deployed troops at Ft Carson and we got to go and werer invited to a meet and great got pictures and talk to him it was fun and then had front row standing aginst the stage it was a concert in the parade field and faith was there but didnt sing
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #13
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
Does your wife ever read the MOC?? If so I think you better point this thread out to her! Sounds like you are one lucky guy. The problem with me is I cant find a gal that drives a Duramax and likes to boat and rv. Plus, if I were to get married anytime soon I think the old saying would then apply to me as well; "whats mine is now hers, whats hers is still hers, and what we get together is hers." Did I get that right? Boy I dont know, the thought of giving over the keys to my Silverado and Montana.... LOL =)
Old 05-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Boy, Dave. I think that there are a LOT of gals out there that would like all those things. Marriage is not supposed to be easy. It takes work and effort. I would also suggest reading a lot of books. We did that and our marriage improved beyond what I thought possible. Also we atttended a couple of marriage seminars that a Grands Rapids Pastor and his wife put on. Very eye opening experiences.

You know what I found out? Men and women do not think the same way when confronted with the same situation. What a shock for me...

"Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus", His Needs, "Her Needs", and "The Five Love Languages". I know they sound sappy, but men are going to have to humble themselves just a little to learn about what it takes to have a great marriage. I tell my five kids, that if they think they will just wake up one morning and know all the answers about marriage, they are sadly mistaken. They are going to have to get input from somewhere - and NOT from their buddies at the bar, BTW - bad source. I know from experience. I encourage them all the time to read books on the subject.

That's just my advice from my experience. Cheryl and I have been married 16 years, now. But both of us are on our second - and last - marriage. Not because we hope we will "love" each other every morning when we get up, but because we made a DECISION to love each other. It's not what we FEEL like on a particular day.

Wow, sorry about the mini-seminar.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:50 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Montana Sky Dave
Do not be discouraged. Not all women think that way. Back when I was 28 (a long, long time ago) I would have loved to met someone like you. As it was I met a violent idiot and had to wait another 14 years to meet Ed. She will be there someday - have no doubt.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #16
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
Thank you, you are so sweet. I do joke about not getting married, but I hope that when the time is right it will happen. The added bonus will be the Chevy Duramax she drives.... =)
Old 05-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #17
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dave,

I'm rooting for you man, that way you'll have one extra Duramax that you won't need and given the way you take care of things, I would be waiting in line to take it off your hands!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #18
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
WE CAN ALL HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT GAL!!! Isn't that about the most unwelcome thought you ever had, Dave?!?! Oh, oh... I can feel Sue (Mom) getting ready to stand me in a corner again... Don't you just love it when the kids get out of control?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Mac,
You will be my first call I make (ok, probably 4th call after all the family) to announce my engagement. The hard part will be deciding which one to keep. Knowing me I would keep them both. LOL!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 AM   #20
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I for one know that some gal will be very lucky to get a guy like Dave. Anyone that is as good to his parents as we saw he was, will make one heck of a husband. But if I were you Dave, I'd hold out for one with a Prevost. That way you can keep the Montana at the lake and run around the country in the other.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote