Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Helping hands

Ever notice how pulling into a camp site always draws a crowd? I've been sitting here watching a couple backing into the space behind me for about an hour now. They were doing really well until all of the "helpers" showed up. Two on either side of the tv giving conflicting directions, one on either side of the 5'er yelling at the two at the front telling the driver how far he had to go before hitting the pole or my Montana. Then there was the poor co driver giving the hand signals to no avail.

As for my assistance, I think I'll go over and offer them both a cold Miller Lite or Diet Pepsi once they finally get situated.

gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Everytime I show up at a campground by myself (I'm the wife) and start backing up the Montana into a campsite, all my "neighborly help" disappears behind their trucks or they go inside and watch me out their RV windows as I back up and set up. I've never had anyone come over and offer any help. Only when I finally sit outside in a chair do my neighbors come out of hiding and come over.

....*LOL, maybe I'm lucky they don't come over sooner.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
D and M, sometimes the best help you can get is no help at all.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Margee,

Good for you, I own a fleet of school buses, and if I don't want dents in them, I hire women
drivers. Plus the little rug rats don't cut the seats up near as bad with women drivers.
Having said that,I do have some very good male drivers, but at the end of the year, maybe a few more dents.

Take care
J & D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #5
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
I irritated the safety man at the charter bus company I worked for a few years ago. He had some students trying to get a 40' MCI coach through a serpentine. I came in with one of our new 45' VanHools, went through the serpentine forwards and backwards, kept on backing into my parking space and shut it off. He was somewhat hot when I opened the door. Told me a couple of his students wanted to quit right then. When I see someone trying to back a Monaco or Prevost in some places I have to stifle a strong urge to ask them if they'd like me to park it for them. I can't believe some of those people.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote