Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Truck Systems Technology, Inc. (TST)

You know, the other tire pressure monitor system!

This is a great company to work with. I had contacted them once before on my new TST Tire Pressure Monitoring system, and without hesitation they would send me a new sensor for the one that was acting up. I asked that they hold off as I had only installed four sensors on the TOAD and I wanted to have everything installed so they could ship once.

Well, last night my GPS system was stolen out of the TOAD, parked here at the stick house. This is not typical for this neighborhood so I suspect kids. At the same time the took the power cord for the TST Monitor. Fortunately I had taken the monitor in the house - why didn't I take the GPS in also - heck, I don't know. Complacency I guess.

Anyhow, Dan at TST sympathized with me and at no cost to me they will be shipping me a replacement power cord.

It doesn't get much better than that. They are also starting some new products, one being backup sensors for 5the wheels, coaches, cars, etc. Four sensors hard wired to the backup light system and then wireless transmit to the cab.

I look forward to doing some further business with their product line.

Thanks Dan at TST, thanks a lot.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

That was good business sense on their part.
More companies need to be like that.
Glad it worked out for you!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am looking very hard at this system for a purchase very soon. Wayne if I use your name will it get me an additional discount or will they charge me extra to make up for your freebie extras?????? Kidding, but the system does seem to be a good one and unless my math is wrong a 10 tire system looks to total about $558 with a repeater for good measure. Looks like the special for November is two year warranty and free shipping. Anybody got any bad stories about this system????
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
They are very good to work with and their systems work great!!!!!!!!!
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We have their system and we're very happy with it. I got mine with 12 sensors.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
BINGO, I have their system and suggest you hold off on the repeater if it is for your MONTY. Their system works fine as is.
One lesson learned is to put some teflon tape on the valve stems to help seal the connection. Also, if you have not upgraded your valve stems to full mental and bolt in I STRONGLY suggest you do that.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The power of the MOC forum strikes again. Thanks John for the info on not requiring the repeater. That saved me a few bucks, so the annual contribution to the MOC forum is worth it and justified (of course even without the monetary savings, the forum is worth it from the information viewpoint!!).
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bingo,
Save more money. Get the system from Camping World. Six sensors, monitor, hard wire power plug, cigarette lighter power plug, and additional antenna (antenna if needed) all for club price of $359. Additional sensors. An extra set of 2 sensors are $90 (club price).

I don't use the antenna and I don't need the repeater. I'm towing 4 down which puts the back TOAD tires at between about 55-60 ft and it picks up the sensors with no problem.

John is correct about the teflon. Also, if you are not worried that the sensors are going to be ripped off you can gorilla super glue the spinning plastic cover to the special nut (tool required if not glued) and then put them on the stem with your fingers. This will not void the warranty according to TST. The month I bought mine there was a special that was a two year warranty by TST. I picked mine up at CW.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
6 sensor system at TST, $299

http://shop.tsttruck.com/main.sc

Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 AM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
All of that is good info, but I need the ten sensor system which appears to be cheaper from TST. I have to cover the TV also since it is one of those prehistoric models, you know before the DPM regeneration, OEM tire sensors, etc., etc. Still thinking hard about this, I was hoping to have it before Friday's departure time, but I doubt if that will happen, so it may get put off until Spring.
Bingo

Old 11-17-2009, 01:33 AM   #11
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

I am looking very hard at this system for a purchase very soon. Wayne if I use your name will it get me an additional discount or will they charge me extra to make up for your freebie extras?????? Kidding, but the system does seem to be a good one and unless my math is wrong a 10 tire system looks to total about $558 with a repeater for good measure. Looks like the special for November is two year warranty and free shipping. Anybody got any bad stories about this system????
Bingo
I don't think you will need the repeater. At least I didn't need it for mine. I think if you were using it on a semi where the wheels are located at the rear of the trailer, you might.

Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #12
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We don't need a repeater on ours. It works fine.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bingo,
If you use my name I guarantee you that I'll get something.

Just recognition for a split second.