Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Myrtle Beach ain't Florida

We got to Myrtle beach on Sunday and it was around 70. Since then it has been all the way up to 65 and in the 40s at night. We miss the 75 to 80 degree days we spent with Ann and John in Eustis. We also miss Ann and John (in that order). This is a great area and would be even better if it was a bit warmer. We got spoiled being in 70 to 80 degree weather for 3 weeks. Ocean Lakes in HUGE and a very nice CG. If you come to the area bring a bike or golf cart. It is a long way to the pool. We are having a very good time with our old Navy friends and Beau and Murphy LOVE the surf and running loose on the beach. I guess we are looking at 3 or 4 days of rain starting tomorrow but we haven't seen any real rain since we left Linden. I almost forgot to mention the sand, it is everywhere, bed, rug, couch, socks, on the dogs, in the food (crunchy). We also banned Clorox from the rig after we got here. Betsy opened the door and there was the half gallon of bleach laying on the floor leaking. we have two very nice very white spots on the carpet about a foot from the vinyl. If the sun is shining through the door we just tell folks that it is a sun spot. Anyway we are enjoying ourselves... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Dave & Betsy:

We are headed to Ocean Lakes on Saturday -- We will be staying on Site H08 for 3 nights

If you are still going to be there -- let us know
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We are on 4009, that is the last row by the north fence. Look for the two sat dishes and wind sock and osprey kite...Dave
Old 03-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Will do -- expect we will arrive mid to late afternoon on Saturday
Old 03-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Wschep
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8810
Ohhh Dave and Betsy - Panic set in with the bleach thing for me and I am going right out and getting mine out of the trailer. My sister-in-law had that happen and her insurance replaced all of her carpet in their stick house. Good luck with that...and by the way have a great time in the South yet. Michigan is still too cold to really enjoy PLUS we have the flu bug going around up here like an epidemic. Warmer is better... Cyndie
Wschep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
When we get home we will have my former flooring boss cut out the carpet from the door to the vacuum cleaner area. Then I will have remove the cheap vinyl from Keystone and replace it with a good Mannington vinyl product. That we will have good vinyl in the kitchen and almost past the dining table. That area of the carpet takes the worst dirt hit in the rig. Get over the flu and run south... Dave
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Can't pass this up...Ray, you can find Dave and Betsy with the 2 white spots!! be safe you guys. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Dave, Patti just went in and moved the Clorox to a place secured under the sink. Sorry you had that happen, but thanks for the reminder!!!!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Ray and Phyllis, I just road past your site, wow right on the beach, nice site. Dennis, we will "drop" of the rest of the bottle at your house on our way to Key West just in case you need a stained carpet...Dave
Old 03-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Dave ,,When are you headed for the keys as we are planed on from may 11 to the 15 at about marathion area,,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #11
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
All of my liquid containers are placed in a plastic dishpan...even the stuff in the pantry to help preclude leakage. BUT that doesn't help if anything "jumps ship" and rolls to the carpet. Sorry about the "sun spots" but now you have a new "honey do" on your list to keep you off the streets at night when you return home!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Dave & Betsy:

Thanks for the quick update on our site -- the weather looks promising for part of our stay anyways - may have a Thunderstorm Saturday evening

Myrtle Beach here we come !

I will give a full report on the white spots (ha ha)
Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 AM   #13
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Sorry to hear of the bleach accident. Very disgusting. That iw why I keep that sort of thing in the basement in a plastic dish pan. As clutsy as I am. Just good insurance. Have a Good Day, and it will warm up.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote