Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Cedar Falls, Iowa

I'm currently in Cedar Falls/Waterloo Iowa for a job interview. I am looking for any suggestions, comments, areas to stay away from, and tips for RV storage units in the area from any members familiar with Cedar Falls/Waterloo. Spent much of today house hunting and surveying the town and now that I found Famous Dave's BBQ, I am going to dinner. Going to venture out tomorrow to look at the towns of Waverly, and New Hartford.

Thank you in advance for any info y'all can provide...

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Welcome to IOWA, Dave! You'll enjoy the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area and UNI. Went to summer school there and had a great time. Our winters are COLD. VERY COLD and the summers are HOT and HUMID. Not like the Northwest but Iowans are very friendly.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Dave,
Can't provide you with any info on the area but I can tell you that you are only about 400 miles from Goshen and the Fall Rally. HINT, HINT, HINT, HINT
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Hey...maybe another new neighbor...we're in Minnesota
Now we'll just have to meet...we're getting more folks in this area, so that possibility of a rally is getting better...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dave,

Good luck with that job search.

Wander over to Waverly and New Hartford and you are in Al's ancesters stomping grounds. If ya hit Plainfield, just around the corner, so to speak, from Waverly, you will be in the town of death and burial of Al's great great grandfather. He is buried in an unmarked grave.

We found the people of the area you are in to be as nice as could be.

Again, best of luck with the job interview!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thanks all! Will just have to see how everything works out.

Steve and Sharon,
You are right! The folks here have been very welcoming and friendly. They have forewarned me of the winters and mosquitoes.

Glenn,
To bad the coach is 1,600 miles to the west. Your right, the rally would be a hop, skip, and a jump from here.

Bruce and Pam,
If all things work out, you can count me in for a area get-together.

Carol,
How's the house coming? Tomorrow will sure be interesting...
Old 09-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dave, again, best of luck tomorrow. House, see the web site for latest photos, then cry a bit for me, as we found water in the attic again today after 1/3rd inch of rain, and that is with the new roof.

I will be swinging beads and extra good thoughts your way tomorrow, that this job thingy works out the way YOU want it to!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Good luck, Dave! But then you are aware that I don't believe in "luck". Just a goodwill gesture. I can, however, pray for a positive result from your interview...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #9
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Hi Dave,

You are really close to the "Little Brown Church in the Veil" You might want to go there and get the story and some pictures for your Mom to see. Also John Deere. Good Luck and once you get your foot in the door you can always transfer to Florida.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:37 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Good suggestion Helen,

Dave, if you get over to the Little Brown Church, there is a campground very near by, on the River. We stayed there for at least a week. It is not fancy, but the owners could not have been nicer, it was pretty quiet cept when they fill up on the weekends with canoe and tubers. I don't remember the name of the campground, looking at a map, it may be on Cheyenne?? Looks like there is a city or municipal owned facility in the area too.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 AM   #11
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Dave,
We have friends there who live on a golf course! He works for John Deere. We camped at the state park along the river, and yes there were mosquitoes! Nice area and nice people. Came through there w/Monty at rush hour, but there was no rush!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
Thank you for the positive thoughts!

Helen,
I am not out of the running for the Orlando branch. This one is open right now, not sure when Orlando will open up.

Chris,
I also noticed traffic is not bad at all around the area. I had to chuckle last night when the Realtor made the comment that a house I am looking at tomorrow would have a long commute...9 miles! 9 MILES--LOL! Apparently she has never been to the Pacific Northwest...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #13
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
It could be when your truck won't start because of the cold and you have to walk to work Dave.

H
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #14
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Hi Dave, Gene and I just wanted to wish you the very best. Hope everything works out the way you want it.
Safe travels
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, we'll be tickled to death if you get that job in Cedar Falls since Glen's hometown, New Hampton, is only 40 miles straight north on Highway 63. You can bet you'll have summer visitors. We'll be praying for you and for perfect results in your job search.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #16
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Helen,
I was just looking over the average temps in Jan...9 DEGREES!!! I have a feeling if this all works out my block heater will be getting a lot of use in the coming months. Orlando is starting to sound better already.

Shirley and Gene,
I am sorry I missed you when you came through Spokane. I must have been at the river w/o internet access... Thanks for the wishes and let me know when you are on your way through town again. We have to catch up!

Judy,
No matter where I am across this country, Glen and you are always welcome in my home. The interview is tomorrow afternoon followed by another round of house hunting with the Realtor Tuesday evening. I have a few more areas I want to investigate Wednesday morning before I hop the plane back to the Pacific Northwest Wednesday evening.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 AM   #17
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Dave,

Check out this website:

http://tinyurl.com/y5z4yb

This is a great resource for finding RV parks.

Good luck.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:36 AM   #18
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thank you for that link simonsrf! I have book marked it for future travels.