Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2007, 06:18 AM   #21
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
We felt sad to read your nice message but happy that you found what fit your needs in the beautiful Hitchhiker. Which floor plan did you choose? For anyone who didn't have the opportunity to meet David & Shirley, it is definitely their loss. Please keep those recipes coming Shirley, they are among our favorites. I know we all want you to keep in touch when you're in the Valley as you certainly will be missed.
God bless you with safe travels.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:21 PM   #22
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Ditto to all the nice things said previously! Keep those recipes coming, we sure enjoy them. Here's wishing you many happy days in your new Hitchhiker. God bless,
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #23
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
David and Shirley,

I hope you can stay around in some way, you are one of the "originals" and one of the first people from the MOC to welcome me with open arms. I will miss all of Shirley's recipes and I'll miss seeing your posts. I hope you can stay around in some form and I know I'll see you in Buena sometime visiting your daughter. We are in Montrose now, coming home from Moab and might spend a night in Buena Vista on the way home.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #24
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
David and Shirley, we wish you luck and happy travels with your new coach.
Hope you all stick around. You have lots of wisdom to offer.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #25
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Shirley and David;
We haven't had the good luck to meet you in person yet, but there is still (always) hope that it will happen if you keep in touch via the MOC forum.
You folks are a great part of the forum and shouldn't lose contact.
Larry & April
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:12 AM   #26
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
David and Shirley,
Glad you are going to stick around the forum. We really enjoyed the time we spent with you in Texas, and look forward to seeing you again down the road.
Bob and Jan
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #27
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
This seems like a good time to express in a public way our deep appreciation for the courtesy and friendshp expressed by so many of our fellow "Montana Lovers" on this forum. We clearly still fit in that category. And we love the members of the forum even more than the Montanas!

We do, and always will, respect the mission of this forum and the proper scope of items to be posted. We still look forward to meeting even more of the members of this forum in person: in the Rio Grande Valley, On the Road, or (best of all) here in our old country home in East Texas.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #28
MikeandBarb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2332
David and Shirley,

Congratulations on your new Hitchhiker II. Wish you all the best! One of the things on the forum I check out first is the Cooking Section for your recipes, Shirley! I have tried many of the recipes and hope you continue to share them with us!
Happy camping folks! Barb and Mike
MikeandBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #29
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Congrats David and Shirley! Please come back and visit the forum often, the Receipe thread will never be the same without Shirley! We wish the best for you both and hope to see you somewhere down the road. Take Care.
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, David and Shirley. There are a number of good brands out there and in my opinion the one you got is a good one as is the NuWa manufacturer. We wish you many happy times with the new rig. And we still hope to visit with you in Texas one of these days. Don't be a stranger!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #31
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We have recently joined the NuWa Owners Forum, and I thought our friends here on the MOC might like to see a recent post I made there in response to a person who was trying to decide between a Montana and a HitchHiker.

Our experience is directly relevant to this question, but my answer may be surprising. We just traded a Montana 2955RL for a HitchHiker II UKTG. We are now on our first real trip with our HitchHiker, but we towed our Montana for five years and over 50,000 miles. We have nothing but good things to say about our Montana and about our HitchHiker. For us, the floor plan of the UKTG was the deciding factor. We do NOT want to tow a larger or heaver fifth-wheel as we are 'travelers' and never will be 'full timers'. We require a clear separation between the bedroom and the bath, and Shirley has preferences about the kitchen. We would have considered any Montana which met these personal requirements. On the other hand, we 'fell in love' with the HitchHiker II UKTG the first time we saw it. We looked at it (yes, the very same unit on the lot) over a period of six months, and were surprised that it was still there when we were really ready to trade. We made many friends on the Montana Owners Club forum. Several of them have stopped by our home for an overnight in their Montanas, and we met a good many others at gatherings or on the road.

The bottom line? Personal needs and preferences are the deciding factor. We are finding many things that we prefer about the HitchHiker, a few very little items that we miss from our Montana. So, I think, it would always be. For most people, when they find "their trailer" they will know it. We've had three fifth-wheels bought new: a Jayco, a Montana, and now a HitchHiker. We were satisfied owners and users of all three. I guess we should consider ourselves extremely fortunate!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:31 AM   #32
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
As usual, Padre, you sure have a way with words. That was very nicely put.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:00 AM   #33
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Very good post Padre. What meets our individual and varied needs will determine the brand of Rv we purchase. This Montana 3400 is our 5th Rv and everyone of them has been a good unit. We also considered a Hitch hiker but at that time it just was "'Not right for " us. Safe travels and will see you..on the road..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote