Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #1
DOHorsewmn

M.O.C. #28800
Just going to Full-time 3900FB

Hi y'all!

My husband retired April 30 and we are in process of selling our place and just purchased our 2013 Montana 3900FB. We are purchasing a F350 diesel dually to haul it with. I've pulled horse trailers all my life, but a little nervous about hauling this big rig! I'm sure practice will help! Husband retired from driving an 18 wheeler in his job so I know he is comfortable!

We are looking forward to travel not only to see the country but have committed to the Lord to go and help others after storms or just those in need of help - especially older folks, single parents who need help repairing or replacing things at their homes. We are very excited to get going!

I am sure this forum will be of great value!
Donna

DOHorsewmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Donna yrou found the right place to get information on your new to you Montana. Just check in here and ask away. You will get answers from the experts-- actual Montana owners. If they don't know the answer, they will find out for you. Also, it sounds like you are out for some great adventures in helping others. You might want to check into the Escapees Club to join. I think they have some special groups within the Club that do exactly what you are planning on doing.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy the full time lifestyle as much as we do.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:34 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Congrats on the purchase of your new Montana and your husband's retirement. God-Speed on your "calling" too. We are "almost" full timers. We still own our house, well ... kind of, we deeded it to our son, so we return home every now and then, long enough for a house repair, or a camper repair, get caught up on mail, and hit the road again. We'll be home over Memorial Day Week-end, have a small repair I need done on the camper, and then hitting the road again. We both still work full time, but with both our companies shutting us out of the building and having us work-from-home, ever since, we've taken this gig on the road. It's a fantastic and wonderful life style. Of course, we have the best of all world. We still have our home, have the freedom to travel, and still draw a pay check.

Enjoy your new life style and your faithfulness "to the faith!"
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:16 PM   #5
DOHorsewmn

M.O.C. #28800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Congrats on the purchase of your new Montana and your husband's retirement. God-Speed on your "calling" too. We are "almost" full timers. We still own our house, well ... kind of, we deeded it to our son, so we return home every now and then, long enough for a house repair, or a camper repair, get caught up on mail, and hit the road again. We'll be home over Memorial Day Week-end, have a small repair I need done on the camper, and then hitting the road again. We both still work full time, but with both our companies shutting us out of the building and having us work-from-home, ever since, we've taken this gig on the road. It's a fantastic and wonderful life style. Of course, we have the best of all world. We still have our home, have the freedom to travel, and still draw a pay check.

Enjoy your new life style and your faithfulness "to the faith!"
Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 05-23-2021, 02:17 PM   #6
DOHorsewmn

M.O.C. #28800
Thanks y'all!