Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2006, 06:29 AM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I agree that PA is a good value. I have seen elect. chg and rig wash chg. Have not come across rate listings where they posted the rates with an "*", then put "water/sewer hookup" at the bottom. I've only seen this listed right "up front" as price for "Full H/U" - not added down in the fine print. I assume most don't do it that way, though. Additional $2.00 for 50 amp service is also new to me. My limited experience is that the CG lists whether they have EITHER 30 amp or 50 amp, then only list the rate for elect or non-elect sites - not seperate rates for 30 AND 50 amp service.

I do have a lot to learn. I'd rather be "surprised" here before I get started FT, rather than being "surprised" on the road... less painful.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #22
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I think the 50 amp surcharge is more from older parks that have upgraded some of the sites to 50 and are trying to recoup some of the costs. We don't see this in the newer CG that are all 50 amp. While the extra charge could add up in a year of camping not all CGs charge it so it may be incidental. BTW I've never seen the extra charge for water except for tent sites.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:25 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

I knew if I went back far enough I would find this...

Just hanging around on SKP forum and ran into this. Please comment...

(Anonymous from Escapees Forum)

...Having just recieved the 06 PPA RV park listings I have noticed many parks adding various add ons in adition to the 1/2 price. It has become our habit to call ahead to our nightly destination whenever possble to check on length/width of site and clarification of charges to avoid surprises when registering. I have no problem w/ a park owner setting the price for his services, but PPA does advertise itself as 1/2 price of posted rates so we are finding more and more this is not entirely accurate.

This was news to me... maybe posted too soon and should go back to SKPs.
There have always been some parks with addons in the PA directory. I have not noticed a proliferation in that at all. We've been to numerous rv parks that don't take PA but charge full price and also have addons for AC, for 50 amp, or just because you have a second AC on your roof, whether you plan to use it or not.

The operative point here is that for your $40 you have the potential to save far more than that. And we do. And will continue to. In other words, I am not seeing any change from what we've experienced the past several years.

Sue, we had a park in Carlsbad, NM, wanting us to pay a surcharge for 50 amp even though I specified we'll connect to 30. He insisted that since we have 50 amp service in the rig we must connect to 50 amp. I showed him my adapter and he finally relented. I was ready to go elsewhere if that had not changed his mind.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote