Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
Phoenix

M.O.C. #22006
Cable Tv

Hello Everyone,
I resently purchased 2018 3921FB
I’m having trouble getting the campground channels, we have turn the booster off and try to download the channels, also have tried to connect to all three of the connectors in the basement and still no channels. At this current time the cable is coming through the rear window directly into the TV and now we’re getting channels. any help and advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
cable tv for 3921FB

This would be a warranty item if it were me. If you have tried tightening the connections at the splitters that you can get to behind the docking station and behind the TV cable wall outlet - I don't know what else you can do besides go through the window - until you are ready to take it in for warranty work.

The park cable and the antenna works in my unit for all 3 TVs...but my Dish tailgater will not work unless I go through the window and hook up directly to the back of the Dish black box. For what it's worth - my unit was manufactured mid-November of 2017 and we bought it mid-January 2018.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Since direct connect works, the issue is within the fiver wiring itself.. Often a failing connector,or a loose connection, or a cable not hooked up. Since nothing working out of the convenience center, recommend you start there. In our 2015, same as you described. Pulled out the backside of the center, several cables and splitter, couple of them loose and one not connected to anything.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
All that could be true but the other issue is that most tailgators have to be within 25' of cable from the receiver since they get their power from the receiver. So if you can get one to work hooked up to the convenience center you just got lucky and it may not work everytime even hooked the same way. That's why I use Winegard G2+'s. They provide the power to the antenna on their own and so I can use the interior wiring and still use 50' outside the rig.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
This would be a warranty item if it were me. If you have tried tightening the connections at the splitters that you can get to behind the docking station and behind the TV cable wall outlet - I don't know what else you can do besides go through the window - until you are ready to take it in for warranty work.

The park cable and the antenna works in my unit for all 3 TVs...but my Dish tailgater will not work unless I go through the window and hook up directly to the back of the Dish black box. For what it's worth - my unit was manufactured mid-November of 2017 and we bought it mid-January 2018.
We have a Pathway X2 and have found through experimentation that the longest coax that will "consistently work" through the convenience center is about 12 ft. 25 ft. just won't work "most of the time". 12 ft. is just enough to get you to the other side of the coach from the convenience center. The Pathway X2 does require the additional signal strength to do the satellite search.