Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
would that be 17455 north outer forty rd???

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mudchief

Rich, I just sent you a PM. You are right about them being a broker. I purchased from the same person at Warranty Experts as you did and only 2 weeks later and mine is called "THE PLAN"
Dennis, that's the same as mine. The name of Prizm's contract on mine is The Plan. I chose a 5 yr contract. It will be finished May 2012.

I did read just two days ago while going through my contract (probably something everyone ought to do once a year), that I can extend that period of time withing the 30 days before the expiration for an additional fee. Unless I win the lottery, this will definitely be something I will be taking a look at when the time comes.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #23
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Thanks Dave, makes me feel better now, knowing that it is the same as yours and you had no problem when you used it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #24
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I called today and was told that if I have a problem to take it to any RV repair center and they will take care of it for me.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #25
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
StarRV did us well except when we needed emergency type service. They are fine if you have time to get advanced approval.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You always , with any Service contract that we know of have to get prior approval for service. According to BBB that is the primary reason folks are denied service. In a emergency that can be a problem. I know that our contract has 24 hour phone service. We called the contract administrator and told them we had a problem and were heading to a dealer We were on record and that was prior approval. The dealer contacted them the next day.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #27
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Has anybody had experience with Priority RV extended service. That is what our dealer sells and we were wondering if anyone has it.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #28
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jpkelpe

Has anybody had experience with Priority RV extended service. That is what our dealer sells and we were wondering if anyone has it.
You may want to start a new thread with you question as this one is 5 months old.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
In late December we went with Good Sam ESP. We received the contract a couple of weeks ago and I already forgot who they use. But I can go to any service facility that will agree to their terms, even if they've never dealt with Good Sam before. That does require I have them (or me) contact GS for authorization. However, I was told on the phone and it says in the contract if I need service when the GS office is closed, like on weekends, get the service done and they will reimburse in full. I got the three year contract.

When I got the first quote by email, I said no. Too expensive. Then they sent me a "second chance" which was for the Silver product rather than the Gold one. It was much cheaper but I thought had too many exclusions. I called them with questions and they said my call is "third contact" so they now can offer me a better deal on the Gold. Plus, they had just received the new NADA and my rig's value naturally is less and thus the premium is further reduced. I added a couple of features to the policy and signed the dotted line for a fixed annual premium for three years.

I followed Rich's advice and made sure the contract is "exclusionary." It says, for example, it covers (say the water system, for example) and it says it covers the entire system except for (this list of noncovered items). I like that approach.

We've not yet had a claim and have very little experience with this. But, because of the advice we read in this forum I feel we had the information to make a good, informed decision. I just wish I'd done it before we blew out the black tank!

By the way, on the good sam esp site there is a sample contract where you can see the language for yourself. I don't have the url at hand but can come up with it if anyone wants to know. Email me as I'm not sure when I'll see this thread again. I'm sure there's several good choices besides Good Sam, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #30
Larry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8173
To correct a statement made earlier, Good Sam Extended Service Plan (ESP) is insured by QBE Insurance Europe in conjunction with Lloyds of London, not Good Sam.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote