Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Keystone-Montana Web Site

Good Evening All,

Over the past 6 months I have been keeping a fairly close eye on the Montana web site. In particular I have been trying to keep up with the many changes in sizes, weights, colors, etc. that many of the trailer models - especially the 3400RL - have been going thru. My objective was to decide which model my wife and I would be most happy with.

Last month - October - I finally got my hands on a 2006 Montana brochure. When I noticed the many differences in the 06 brochure when compared to the web site I started making calls to the factory attempting to find out which information was the most correct. After a half dozen calls, I finally talked to a guy in sales who seemed to be knowledgable about the differences and had a number of seemingly good answers.

According to him, the long and the short of it is that the Keystone-Montana website is significantly out of date. According to him, the best source of published information is the current 2006 Montana brochure dated 09/05.

In this day of high technology, I would think Montana would be able to keep their web site up to date. Many of the smaller manufacturers have been able to find the time to keep theirs up to date, I'm concerned that Montana hasn't been able to.

Any comments?

rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I would prefer they concentrate on building great units as they have in the past. According to another post the web site is new.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Mennonites ??? Computers ???
I personally think the best way to see and compair the whats and what-nots is to go to a RV show. then you cn compair everybody to everybody else. and have a beer, soda, coffee, or tea while doing it.
TT2
Old 11-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all as a webmaster I know what it takes to maintain an "UP TO DATE" website and it ain't all that easy as some may think. Prior to our RVing lifestyle my profession was Web Design and hosting.

Secondly..Unlike most RV manufacturers that make interior changes from one model year to the next Montana makes changes from one week, even one day, to the next. This way Montana is always a bunch of steps ahead of the competition. Montana likes to make running changes. That is to say they make changes as they go. Some days that 3400RL with all the bells and whistles which was first off the line in the morning is not exactly the same as the last 3400RL with all the bells and whistles that came of the line at the end of the day. Oh sure the floor plans pretty much stay the same but that curio cabinet that was in the corner this morning is gone this afternoon.
A good example is the 2955RL. Ours is an early 2004 model and the later 2004's has numerous changes, some good some bad and today's 2955RL has many more changes. It is now a 50AMP rig as it now is set up for a washer/dryer. All cabinetry and the closest in the bedroom has been changed. The bedroom slide has been enlarged to make room for the king size bed option and the list goes on and most all of these changes happened through out out the year and not just for a new model year.

Quote:
quote:Many of the smaller manufacturers have been able to find the time to keep theirs up to date,
That's easy to do if you only make changes once a year

I'm concerned that Montana hasn't been able to. Exactly the way we like it. Keep the rigs "Up To Date" and forget the web site. And that comes from an individual that made a living updating websites.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Good Evening Trailer Trash, Glenn, and all,

It's all well and good to go to the RV show to look and compare, and its also well and good that Montana strives to improve their product. But, when I lay my money down, I want to KNOW what to expect and then to GET what I expect.

We have watched the hitch pin weight of the 3400RL increase from 1770# in early 2005, to 1920 for late 2005, and up to 2165# as listed in the Sept. 2006 brochure. And when you ask the dealers - and sometimes the factory - they haven't a clue as to why!

We are very interested in this model, but its almost like buying a pig in a poke. You won't know what you'll get until you get it. For better or for worse! I for one do not think that's the way it should be done.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote