Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
Semi-Gloss or Gloss Finish on cabinets?

A woodworker friend made under-fridge and stove Oak Doors that match the drawers on my 05 Montana.
I think the best stain match is Minwax Golden Oak. Or is there another stain?

What finish is closest to OEM "factory stained/sprayed" finish:
Semi-Gloss or Gloss?

Your advice is appreciatted as always!

RRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
If your 05 is the same as my 06 the lite oak I tryed the golden oak and it is a little dark so then I went with natural oak and it matches very good you might try that first. The finish looks like semi-gloss in mine. a friend of mine went over his mountaineer this summer and put gloss on all the inside wood and it looks great its not dull any more I plan to do mine this winter. It seem like a lot of work but he did his in a couple of days he took his time and used a plastic putty knife as a edger "no tape" I was impressed!!!
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
Upon further study, it appears the Cabinet frames are Light Oak, but the drawers are Cherry...
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote