Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
jr11regal

M.O.C. #24142
Truck and Camper combo

Up for sale my 2018 Keystone Montana 3811MS Legacy Edition for $59,500.00. Full Paint, Residential Kitchen Package, Solar Panel Prep, Satellite Dish, King Size Bed, Power Cable Reel, Slide Toppers, 3-Slides, Outside TV, In Command Center, Morryde Pin Box, Steps, & Suspension, Rear Hitch, Washer & Dryer Prep. Owned for 2 years with limited used. Everything is included with it for setting up, hoses, pressure regulators, wheel chocks, level pads, king pin tri pod, rhino sewer hoses 50 amp surgeguard plus other little things. You would need nothing to enjoy it other than your cloths and food. Adult use only Non-Smoking Household & in excellent/ new condition. Also included is our 25K 5th wheel hitch from Curt. Also for consideration is our 2018 GMC 3500HD Sierra Denali 1 Ton Diesel Dually. The truck has 23k miles and fully loaded. Alot of extras on the truck - *Truck has camera trailering system, 50gal Titan Fuel Transfer Tank electronically controlled for a total of 86 gallons fuel for the long hauls, Hard top folding tonneau cover, rock tamer mud flap. Tire minder pressure sensors for truck and camper, plus other stuff. *Looking to get $63k for truck, but would like to *sell both together. Also comes with the truck I can transfer my 75k mile extended warranty. Serious inquiries only. Camper is currently in storage, but easily accessible with notice. Any questions please feel free to call so I can answer any questions. Call 248-408-5982, if I don’t answer please leave message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

jr11regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
There are always two prices. The first is always in the eye of the seller. The second is always in the eye of the buyer.

The seller, almost always, esteems their property a higher value than it may actually sell for because of personal investment in money and time with the object. Add to that a loan that could be upside down, laden with add on's to the original loan, such as extended warranties, and such, and a seller attempt to get out from under the loan, may experience sticker shock and not really understand why the item may not sell at his/her desired price.

On the other side is the buyer who has no emotional investment into the object. Neither does the buyer have any investment in time or money, nor any history or sentimental feelings. So for the buyer, it's just an item of property until it becomes theirs. If the selling price is not within reason for the non-committed buyer, they will easily walk away, or never even consider, if the price is set too high. Especially when a new one can be purchased for about the same price, or even less..

What I'm saying is simply, good luck! Just be patient. But don't expect to sell your property for the same price a dealership would re-sell used equipment.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #3
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Wife and I have been selling real estate for 36 years. Buyer sets the price.
Without a buyer you don't have a sale.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:21 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr11regal View Post
Up for sale my 2018 Keystone Montana 3811MS Legacy Edition for $59,500.00. Full Paint, Residential Kitchen Package, Solar Panel Prep, Satellite Dish, King Size Bed, Power Cable Reel, Slide Toppers, 3-Slides, Outside TV, In Command Center, Morryde Pin Box, Steps, & Suspension, Rear Hitch, Washer & Dryer Prep. Owned for 2 years with limited used. Everything is included with it for setting up, hoses, pressure regulators, wheel chocks, level pads, king pin tri pod, rhino sewer hoses 50 amp surgeguard plus other little things. You would need nothing to enjoy it other than your cloths and food. Adult use only Non-Smoking Household & in excellent/ new condition. Also included is our 25K 5th wheel hitch from Curt. Also for consideration is our 2018 GMC 3500HD Sierra Denali 1 Ton Diesel Dually. The truck has 23k miles and fully loaded. Alot of extras on the truck - *Truck has camera trailering system, 50gal Titan Fuel Transfer Tank electronically controlled for a total of 86 gallons fuel for the long hauls, Hard top folding tonneau cover, rock tamer mud flap. Tire minder pressure sensors for truck and camper, plus other stuff. *Looking to get $63k for truck, but would like to *sell both together. Also comes with the truck I can transfer my 75k mile extended warranty. Serious inquiries only. Camper is currently in storage, but easily accessible with notice. Any questions please feel free to call so I can answer any questions. Call 248-408-5982, if I don’t answer please leave message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Again I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like your underwater? Based on NADA both the truck and camper are only valued at just over $50K. In the current economy the market for larger ticket items is extremely soft. Nearly any buyer will require a loan and banks will only go 80% of the NADA median value, there is virtually no consideration of the condition as long as the unit hasn't been wrecked or flooded, accessories carry zero loan value and on used RVs the terms are much shorter. It is quite likely that the note on a brand new unit would be lower than on yours!! Its the sad truth that deprecation on RVs is particularly steep.

Some others have suggested and I agree you may stand a better chance of selling the items separately. The truck has a better chance of holding its value so you might make out ok on it. But your going to take a pounding on the RV. Sorry.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #5
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Again I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like your underwater? Based on NADA both the truck and camper are only valued at just over $50K. In the current economy the market for larger ticket items is extremely soft. Nearly any buyer will require a loan and banks will only go 80% of the NADA median value, there is virtually no consideration of the condition as long as the unit hasn't been wrecked or flooded, accessories carry zero loan value and on used RVs the terms are much shorter. It is quite likely that the note on a brand new unit would be lower than on yours!! Its the sad truth that deprecation on RVs is particularly steep.

Some others have suggested and I agree you may stand a better chance of selling the items separately. The truck has a better chance of holding its value so you might make out ok on it. But your going to take a pounding on the RV. Sorry.
NADA is not a reasonable baseline for RV Values. It is a National Guide where as values vary by region which is why NADA for cars and truck value by region. Sold two class A in the last 3 years. My 1st Class A was a 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C NADA said it was worth $42K I sold it on Craigslist in 1 week for $76K to a couple that finance it with no NADA valuation. 2nd Class A was a 2017 Bounder 35K I financed that one went to the bank they approved the Loan even before I picked a RV and gave a me a check for the amount I requested, again before I even told them about the RV I wanted to buy. I sold it last August prior to buying our Monty. I Also sold it for $20K over NADA value.

NADA is a Joke (even the auto industry has largely black balled them) the Banks I have dealt with did not use the NADA guide they lend on. as well the same for the banks that financed the folks that purchased my RV's, otherwise I would have never sold mine.

To blanketly state NADA is the financing baseline is patently false, while some may use it many do not and that should not drive the sale price.

The market sets the value. I owned several Yacht Brokerages 15 years before I sold them. NADA also has a Boat book it too was a joke, it's only purpose is to help dealers steal trades by showing the customer trading a fabricated low value.

Keep in mind how much value data could NADA possibly have on a 1-4 year old RV when most RV's are kept longer than that and there is very limited volumes of sales of any given models to even draw data from.

Now with that said, most people buying higher end RV's are not putting the minimum down many are paying large down payments or all cash as we did with our Monty. So buyers shold not be concerned with NADA values unless the dealer is using it to steal their trade.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote