Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #81
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Prariepoodle, I wasn't around when you had your misfortune, BUT, am certainly glad to hear that Keystone "Stepped up to the Plate". Puts me a little more at ease with this RV'ing thing and the investment I have made.

Thank You Very Much.

Phil P.

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #82
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
We too are proud owners of a Montana (Mountaineer before). We put over 4500 miles on her last year. Our fantastic dealer took care of our small issues. I've already made all my campground reservations for the upcoming season and we can't wait to spend time in our home away from home. Happy camping. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #83
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
well i found out i'm a lil' "fuzzy" !! i didnt shave this morning, and when i kissed Nancy on the cheek, i heard her "mutter" you sure are fuzzy !! LOL, just a last minute funny!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:42 AM   #84
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Factual posts are not negative. It's the seemingly "beating down" of a poster if he/she posts "warm & fuzzy." If I post something of my experiences, be it positive or negative, I wouldn't want anyone to "attack" my post for what I said. After all, what we post are OUR experiences and all we are trying to do is share them. I think that almost any problem can be posted in a positive manner.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:25 AM   #85
TwinkleToes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5679
By jove, Orv, I think you've got it! Excellent post.
TwinkleToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:51 AM   #86
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well said, Orv. And it should certainly be an encouragement to all of us to get back on track and make this forum the positive experience that it has been for so many years. Let's let the positive drown out the attackers.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #87
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Pssst!!! Guys w're all alittle fuzzy, look in the mirror!!
I'm for positiveor critcal posts about our Montys, but I'm very much agin beatin on someone shen they are trying to say something.

having said that, why are we even on this subject??
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:48 AM   #88
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I guess I could be a Fuzzy person. I liked the MOC the way it was. I miss that. I agree with Steve R about how the forum has become.

I have also been attacked. When I posted about our spare tire being stolen, I was attacked. I just wanted to let people know that maybe they could have a lock on theirs. And a few questioned wheather we even had it stolen. (It was there that night and gone next morning before we left).
I almost quit the forum then but came back because I missed the wonderful good people we have here.
It is still a good forum but is lacking in some things.

Oh yes and we love our Montana!
Dusty

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #89
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dusty, I agree with you about the attacks. They just make us want to quit, but it's important that we don't. We don't want the forum to be left with only the attackers. The way the forum used to be was great because we didn't have people challenging and attacking the posters. It's okay, even good, to present a different point of view but slamming is ugly and unnecessary. Unfortunately, most of the slammers don't recognize themselves as one.

I would encourage everyone who has pulled out of active participation on the forum because of the attitude that has taken over to get back on track and join in. We need you!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #90
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Well I for one am back and will not let any post run me off again so come on folks if I can do it you can to.

come and share

Your likes

Your dislike's

Your Problems

Your Fixes

Your Joy's

Your Sorrow's

Your Camping Tips

And anything else that you can think of,As I have stated before this is a great forum with the greatest MEMEBERS on the Net. LIKE JUDY SAYS WE NEED ALL OF YOU.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #91
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Judy, as usual you are right. I have been so upset with all the negitave things lately that I have not answered the people that are looking for a positive answer. I apoliage. I refuse to let some people change what was the best forum on the web into a negative place when they don't even know what they are doing. Sorta reminds me of a verse in the Bible that says "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". I hope I quoted that right but the message is right for sure.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #92
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
It is reassuring to know that others felt sort of "run off" as well. I too am guilty now of just reading and responding to little even when someone asks a legitimate question. I still enjoy most people and I too will strive to contribute more.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #93
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I'm glad you are back. I, too, almost left but decided I love this place and the people way too much to let a few run me off. I have to tell you I received MANY emails from "old" members who have quit posting, some even quit reading much, after I commented last month about the direction of the forum. I am concerned that we are losing the members who remember the forum as it was and our new members do not know what a great forum this once was. They see it as so many other forums on the internet where put downs are the norm. As we have said many times, we can share our problems without bashing anyone, Keystone included. No one ever suggested we shouldn't share our problems. But we can do it without being nasty and we can also be sure we share the solutions. And to further clarify "fuzzy" doesn't mean we don't want to hear problems. BTW my children do not think I am always fuzzy. LOL
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #94
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, I have received many similar emails from good friends and my response to them is "please don't stop posting". We need to spread the message so that we can get them back and restore this forum to what it once was. I'm glad you didn't leave.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #95
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Thanks Judy! I have been so discouraged with the forum, scanning only where people are or if something catches my eye - rarely posting a reply even if I read it. So hats off to you lets get this forum back where it was! Helen, you quoted it right!

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #96
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
I agree with Orv, and judy and I joined MOCs because I bought a monty and I watched on here for a while before posting much. I think every one here are adults and very smart and helpful with their ideas and suggestions. I know I can say I have enjoyed each and every one here. I want to hear about the things that go wrong with our coaches because we know from the beginning that theres going to be problems some we can solve ourselfs some the dealer will have to. But we can discussed them here, the good and the bad, To me its kinda like sitting around with every one at a big campfire, drinking whatever we drink, maybe having some good cake or pie, lol and just having a grand old time, life to short to fuss an argue like some other forums i know, but this forum has the greatest bunch of campers an people, and like any other of the human race we not always gonna agree with one another, but thats why we live in the greatest country on earth !! an as i have watched an observed this bunch always comes together!! just my 2 cents worth! lmao , thanks all
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #97
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thank you for your comments. I am especially glad to hear from folks who have been discouraged by the atmosphere of the forum lately but who are committed to stay with the forum. I am one of those.

I would like to clarify one misunderstanding or at least one thing that I perceive as being a misunderstanding. I have never stated, or at least never meant to imply that all our posts should be about things that are positive. We lost our water tank in the remotest part of the Yukon in 2005. Did I hesitate to share that event because it was a negative experience? Never! So many people read those posts that we are now known as "the couple who lost their fresh water tank". And we all learned from that post and the feedback that it generated. It was reality, it was life, and it was a learning experience.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #98
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Oh, Judy to us you are the couple that went to Alaska and shared every great experience with all of us. When I tell Ed something, since he doesn't get on very often he has a hard time knowing who I am talking about, so I always say Judy and Glen that went to Alaska! Of course you are also the couple that got bad diesel, helps us to remember to be very careful. LOL
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #99
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sure is great to be 'famous', Sue. But not necessarily for some of those reasons!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #100
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I sure hope that Dano & I can meet you all one of these days in person! You have helped us so much. We feel like we are so prepared and full of knowledge, but at the same time-we know nothing! And if we ever have a problem, we know we have help. There have been things happen that we've been able to take care of ourselves AND even kind of had fun doing it because of you sharing your not so good experiences with us and we knew what to do to fix it! And then the support you all gave me with my quitting smoking the nasty cigarettes thing, well, you know, what can I say. "I love you guys!!!" And BTW - Judy - you and Glenn are like my long lost Aunt & Uncle.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote