Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #61
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Well, I know your granddaughter is getting the right influence when she's around you and Glen, Judy.

My wife tries hard with me... She deserves a medal.

I really don't think that you can find a better value for your investment than a Montana.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #62
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's way too fluffy, Dave. But thanks for the nice compliment.

I like my Montana, too.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #63
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
One thing we really like about our 3400 is that from any seat...desk, either recliner, sofa, or any seat at the table...you can see the TV.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #64
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
This Monty is our second Keystone product and yes like others there has been some issues but I have a fantastic dealer,Ketelsen's in Hiawatha Iowa,which makes a great Monty. Everything was repaired in a professional matter. I also have done repairs my self. Like someone said ,it's the nature of the beast. Drag your stick house down these smooooth hi ways and see how they hold up. Keystone has treated me perfect and I have nothing but praise for them. We seem to bad mouth them but seem not to praise them when they do something for us. I'm guilty of this. Would I buy another Monty? YOU BET.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #65
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Yesterday we spent some fun time walking around an RV dealer's lot. Boy, do I appreciate the outside step on our Montana that is low to the ground. Other rigs required some major effort just to get up on the first step.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #66
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I have noticed this also, Judy. Cheryl and I went to dinner in a 2 yr old Alpha Gold 5ver and we were really stunned at how hard it was to climb those steps. We forget these little things that Montana does on our 5vers for us.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #67
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Alfa was one of the lines that we looked in. Those steps are high.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:32 AM   #68
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Alpha was the brand we were most interested in when we started looking at 5rs, UNTIL we walked into a Montana. Everything about the Montana felt right to us, from the quality of the materials used, to the functionality of every floor plan. The hardest part of the whole experience was deciding which Montana would best suit us. I feel we made the right choice for our lifestyle, and budget.

We have had zero major problems, and only a couple of minor issues which I took care of myself. A big THANK YOU to Keystone for building these quality trailers at reasonable prices, and one to you Judy, for starting this thread.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #69
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
I'm liking what I hear.
We don't own a Montana YET, but I'm already happy just thinking about when it will happen, thanks to this forum.
If Keystone does in the future like it has in the past, we'll be out there with you someday.
In the meantime, positive postings (accepted with glee) or negative postings (taken with a grain or two of salt) will all be read and integrated into one big happy picture. (Can you tell I'm an optimist?)
MOC on!
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:44 AM   #70
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Darn good post, Al and Nita.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:51 AM   #71
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
No one said anything about being all warm and fuzzy, except a few who are against it. If you look at my opening post, it says 'let's put a LITTLE sweetness back in the forum'. The forum has been out of balance lately. This thread is just to give people a chance to post their positive experiences with their Montana. The personalities on the forum change from time to time and lately the balance has been toward the negative. While a few people out there are having very difficult experiences which we need to hear about, there are also many owners who have great experiences who sit back and don't share them. This is their chance to be encouraged to do that. Never fear, there will always be posts with negativity and reality.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:49 AM   #72
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
I have been fulltiming since october 1998, all in a diesel pusher coach. Nancy and I loved every minute of it, but we decided on a fiver and truck in the summer of 2006. We looked at fifth wheels of all types , trucks of all kinds. We decided on a montana, we talked to owners of montys in campgrounds. we got positive and negative towards montanta but mostly positive. the dealer in chattanooga in my opinion (and lots of others) is one of the best for taking care of their customers (Northgate Rv) we had been looking at a 07 mountaineer, and had returned on a friday to tell them to get it ready we would take it. then we seen this 04 2980 (looked like new!) sitting beside the mountaineer, we walked in and we knew this was us! we loved it and bought it on the spot. we fulltime in a monty now and so far only had a problem with fridge door hinge breaking , and a little trouble with rolling that DARN offset awning up once!lol! but we been fulltiming and even before that camping enough to know nothing is perfect. but all I can say since loining this group of monty owners I have learned a lot about montys and every one has been very helpful. I couldnt have joined a nicer bunch of folks.. just keep the forum going like it is! thanks everyone! happy and safe travels
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #73
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I haven't read every post in this thread because I find it rather disheartening. Judy simply suggested we counterbalance all the negativism this forum seems to be attacting by posting the good things we know about. And, what happens? The negative-ites seem to have to come in and ridicule her good suggestion.

"Warm and fuzzy" is what made this forum enjoyable for the past four years, for me, along with the exchange of information and the friendships we've made. But that all seems to be changing. Which explains why I find myself less and less interested in logging on.

I think we also need to hear the bad things. That's part of the forum. That's not what I am referring to. As a good friend who rarely logs on anymore told me, "I got tired of having to defend every thing I say." In my mind it is ok to question, it is not ok to challenge. There's a subtle but important difference. This is not rv.net.

No doubt my comments will draw negative critcism. But, this is the way I feel.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:23 AM   #74
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Now that's a good post. Thanks for your support, Steve. We know what this forum used to be and the negativism has many people discouraged. Unfortunately, as those of us with a more positive outlook get discouraged and stop posting, the tone of this forum gets more negative and threatening. While some attitudes seem to need changing, maybe more of us with the positive attitudes need to post more rather than less. But it is difficult to put ourselves out there for ridicule, isn't it?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:51 AM   #75
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
I wholeheartedly agree with Steve's post. I think everyone recognizes the benefit of reporting problems that arise with their Montanas, both to solicit help and to put others on notice. I didn't read Judy's post as discouraging that--and she confirms that was not her intent. IMHO Steve is also right when he encourages "questioning" but warns against "challenges." I particularly would love to see fewer challenges that attack someone for what they post--OK to disagree with the substance of what they say if you think the advice is incorrect, but I see no need to challenge or question their expertise or intent for what they post.

I'd love to get back to where Judy started this thread--people posting about their good experiences with their rig and/or their wonderful experiences on the road. Those posts were terrific--please keep them coming.

Color me "hopeful."
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #76
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Good posts everyone, that is what makes America and the MOC great, an open exchange of ideas and comments. I also do not like to be attacked over an idea or posting and don't really feel I have been, of course I have on had a few posts. What I really do like about this forum is that I get a good insight as to the other folks that share a common interest, i.e., Montana's, and learn a great deal. I for one appreciate each and every post I have read. So may seem somewhat negative but that is normally due to a current problem or situation they have which makes it thought provoking for me and I learn something from it.

So, thanks everyone. I for one appreciate you all. As a note to this, in a past life (before retirement) I was considered a real grumpy SOB..
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:16 AM   #77
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Great idea, David...stay on topic and let this topic be a source of our positive experiences.

JimF, you're living proof that we can all change. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:22 AM   #78
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
well I have been quite for a long time but this time I have to say PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PLEASE lets get back on track. This is a great forum with the greatest membership of any forum I have been to.I enjoy reading all the post even the negative one's, I don't enjoy all the bickering, as one member said this is not RV NET.

On November 23nd 2005 my Montana caught on fire but we were able to put it out before it went up in flames, After I posted it on this wonderful forum it was Keystone that called me and put things in motion to get it fixed. It took almost 6 months and it was this forum and the wonderful members that kept me from going crazy.

Fuzzy--Yes

Tell it like it is---Yes

Change of attitudes---Yes

Love all our brothers and sisters---yes
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:27 AM   #79
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
David and Joanna's post sums what I think. It is ok to post problems. It is not ok to attack or challenge someone's comments. It is ok to post a different opinion. It is not ok to blast them. This is not something that can be drawn like a line in the sand. It is a judgement call. I will be more careful about doing my job to watch for attacks and will delete those posts I feel should be. Click the envelope or go to my profile to email me if you disagree. I will discuss with you but will not reply to a post on the forum. I can make a mistake and will discuss with you if you are nice about it and do not blast me for the decision. In other words let's discuss it calmly if you disagree with me.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #80
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I wish more people could handle the situation the way that Prariepoodle did with their misfortune. They had the sympathy of the MOC'ers and the sympathy of Keystone and everybody worked together for a solution. They knew that Keystone wasn't "Out to get them." We were all made aware of certain things to watch for and everyone was a winner.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote