Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Florida Region
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Florida November Activity

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back. Unfortunately, when I finally got a hold of the manager at Perkins, November 19th was not available...so I had to make a few phone calls and came up with an alternate in basically the same location. Here are the details:

Date: November 19, 2008
Time: 12:00 - 2:30
Location: Bob Evans Restaurant at I-4 and US Highway 27 (Exit #55)
for those with a GPS address is: 43700 Hwy 27, Davenport, FL

I do have to call them a couple of days ahead to give the number attending. I estimated 20 to 25. Please let me know here on this topic, if you will be attending. So far I have the following planning to attend:

1. Tom & Joyce Holroyd
2. Glenn & Lorraine Adams
3. Rich & Helen LaScola plus four friends
4. Bill & Helen Moll
5. Dave & Cheryl Sprik
6. Jim & Julie Painter
7. Joan & Dave Cutler
8. Dan & Sandy Alexander
9. Dennis & Judy LaFreniere

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 AM   #2
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Joyce

Sorry we wont make either the November or December social -- but do look forward to seeing everyone Jan, Feb & March

Ray & Phyllis Shaw
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Funny you mention Bob Evans and route 27. We just passed Bobby this afternoon. We were checking out the Perkins. Not a problem though.
We will be there on the 19th.

BTW Joyce-Check out my "Central Florida consider the following a warning.."
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Add Joan and Dave Cutler to the list. Dave had an appointment that day but is rescheduling. We are both looking forward to meeting everyone and especially picking some fulltimers brains for tips!!
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We don't know our workamper schedule yet but if it works out, we will be there. Sandy and Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks for the update.it is just up the road..see all there..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #7
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
We need a better location address as we are down in bonita and not familary with the location but it will be dec or jan before we get to it and then maybe with the monta ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Does anybody have a physical address for the restaurant for my GPS?
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
It is Bob Evans at I-4 and US 27 (exit #55). GPS address is 43700 Hwy 27, Davenport, FL
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Darn, The first meeting of the Winter Floridians on my birthday and I can't be there. Still at Eglin until January. Y'all gotta sing happy birthday to me AND have a great time. We are actually going to have a mini rally up here around Thanksgiving week if anyone will be here. We have four couples so far: Cathy and I, Bingo and Cathy, Delaine and Lindy, and Dave and Chris (CanDo). If anyone else would like to join us please chime in. We haven't decided on a meeting place yet, but will soon. Sure would like to get as many as possible, even if you're just passing through to lower Florida, let us know........I am also going to try and recruit other Montana owners from the park I am at. Several Montanas and at least one Big Sky here right now.......

This is a letter I wrote up for the folks at the Spring Rally. I leave it on vacant trailers and hopefully the owners will get back to me. You are welcome to copy and use it yourself, feel free to change it if you like.

Montana, Mountaineer, Big Sky Owners

Did you know there was an online club just for you? That’s right, and I have found it to be a wealth of information, especially as a new Montana owner. There are over 100 links to everything that is RV and most are specific to our line of travel trailer/fifth wheel.

We hold several rallies throughout the year and travel many places together. We even hold “Mini Rallies” (def. A meeting of two or more owners getting together for a cold one or a bowl of chili somewhere, this happens often). There are even Travel Assistance Partners in many locations willing to help you in case of breakdown or assistance.

The best part is it is FREE. We have our own forum on the web for questions and answers which I have found to be a big help to me as I start this fulltime RV Lifestyle. We have members from every walk of life to offer assistance.

Don’t fret about being in a formal club. This is everything but that. No officers, no voting, NO membership fees. The only agenda is to help each other enjoy the lifestyle of camping; being it part timers, long timers or full timers…..In fact the MOC mission statement is as follows:

"To Provide Montana RV enthusiasts a calm and inviting atmosphere to exchange valuable information, and enhance their general RV-ing experience."

The Montana RV Club is a club organized for the enjoyment of all owners of Montana, Montana Big Sky 5th Wheels, Montana Mountaineer RVs or any person who is planning on buying a Montana in their future. If you own either brand (any model) you can add to the enjoyment of your RV lifestyle and leisure time by joining the Montana Owners Club.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, you are welcome to join by logging onto: www.montanaowners.com and clicking on register. If you would like to get together please contact me in space _ _leave a note if I’m not there…..We have enough for a “MINI RALLY”

This is a privately owned website and forum and has no association with Keystone RV Group or any of its affiliates.

Respectfully

Phil Paramore, space _____
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #11
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Phil,
Thanks for the letter. I have printed it and used it as an outline to invite the other Montana owners in our park to the November activity. I added the MOC Logo at the top and put the info for Nov. 19th into the letter. Maybe they will come to eat with us and thus increase our forum membership. Thanks again. Sorry you two will not make it this time, but you will soon be further south and there is always another month! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Good luck with the mini-rally you are getting organized in your area.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #12
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Unfortunately, weekdays do not work for us as we are still committed to the "daily grind" of working Monday through Friday. Hope you all have a great time!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:44 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Joyce,, we will have two couples coming with us to the get to gether. Neither are members of the MOC. One is Charlie Pratt and spouse , our next door neigbors in a 04 Motana and the other are friends of theirs n a 02 Montana.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #14
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Rich & Helen,
So Glad you are bringing some other Montana owners with you. I have composed a letter (using Phil's as a guide) which includes an invitation to our get together. I plan to take this letter to each Montana in our park and leave it in the door if no one is home. I think this is a great way to introduce other Florida Montana Owners to MOC.

This Reminds me...If you have a nametag from a previous MOC function, please wear it to this event. Many of us have a hard time remembering all the names and also many have not met face to face and would not recognize each other. Thanks. I will try to make up some new nametags or would love to have someone volunteer to make them for our "Florida Region Snowbirds 2008-09" Activities.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #15
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
We hope to make the dec rally on dec 17 if that is correct , we are now making reservations in orlando someplace for the rv sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #16
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Joyce, I will be happy to make the name tags. I will make probably make several of them up and leave a blank space to fill in your MOC name and real name and bring them to the November luncheon. I'll leave them with you Joyce in case we miss some of the activities.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote