Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Is there a secret handshake to get cstmr service?

I called Sunday to Keystone customer service and left a message. The voicemail said they would get back within one buisness day. 3PM and no call so I called again. This time I got to selct through the menu down to Montana service. Wait, wait, wait, leave a message they will call back. I am still waiting my call back on the battery short stop fuse from a month ago. Not real confident I will get a call back this time either. From what I have read, once you get through service is pretty good, so what is the secret to getting through? Do you leave a name an number and eventually get a call back or do you just hang up and keep trying until you get a live person?

BIll

Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hummm. we have never got a recording at the service center..This is the number we use( 886-425-4369 )and it is the number on our repair invoice from the service center. Customer service is in the same building. There is no one there on Sat,Sunday or after 4:40Pm EST during the week. It is best to talk to a real person..always ask for "team Montana"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I called customer service three times and they switched me to a recording each time.
I left three messages with three different machines and am still waiting for a call.
This was done the first of April. Do you think I have waited long enough???
I don't need them now.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Rich, that is almost the number I called - I have been dialing 866 vice 886. On calls I have made during the normal working hours I get placed in the wait que, go through 3 automatic check backs that they will get to me soon and then the message shifts to we are very busy please leave your name number and state and we will call you back. In 4 attempts during working hours that is what I got each time and have yet to recieve a call back EVER!

Guess I'm lucky,
Bill
Old 04-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I have had lots of calls to keystone at 866-425-4369 which is customer service but to get them to call you back you have to ask for someone so next time ask for Craig

i have worked on a problem and we finally resolved it to my satfiscion .. it took 3 months to win but i did
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
also only call during business hrs and stay away from the noon hr as they are in the central zone and are open from 8 to 4 less 1 hr noon hr
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Thanks John,
I resorted to calling every 1/2 hour or so and finally got a real person. Also about 3 hours later I did finally get a call back.

Bill
Old 04-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
robb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6238
Depending on who you got, you may wish they had never called you back.
Robb
robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
OOpps..it is 866-425-4369 and yes ask for a person..If that person is not at their desk leave a voice msg. Brandon Tom is another name. I think I have met face to face with just about every person in customer service, team Montana,They are very busy, can you believe that tons of Montana owners call every day about "issues" I know that these folks will go back into the service center and ask the tech guys a question if they need a answer to our question. Susan is another name. I am not quick with compliments but these folks are hard working, knowledgeable and do their best to serve our needs. It can be fustrating but try to keep in mind that there may be 20 other folks attempting to talk to "team Montana" at the same time you are.

I am not a cheer leader for these folks but this is the way I see it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:45 AM   #10
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
I suspect it is the also case that Rich, with his 5,341 posts and his well-documented history with Keystone/Montana people and products dating back to his pre-purchase days, gets a bit of preferential treatment relative to people with 60 posts and 22 posts.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:46 AM   #11
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
If you did not get the secret handshake when you took possession of your new unit you can forget about getting any good costomer service
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:47 AM   #12
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Bill I am still waiting for the call back from Mark Krol...I have been patiently waiting for weeks now. I am putting another call in today...wish me luck!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #13
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Just placed a call into Keystone...The girl who answered just told me that do not have anyone by the name of Mark Krol!! When I told her that yes that is the name and he does work for Keystone, she then said he must be a new one!...she connected me with a Steven who was not at his desk...I left a message for him to contact Mark Krol for a phone call back....Did Keystone hire a new crew?
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 AM   #14
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill Frisbee

I suspect it is the also case that Rich, with his 5,341 posts and his well-documented history with Keystone/Montana people and products dating back to his pre-purchase days, gets a bit of preferential treatment relative to people with 60 posts and 22 posts.

Bill
I'm sorry, but the number of posts on this forum does not get anyone any type or preferential treatment. I've been treated extremely well by Keystone even when I was not a member of this forum. It was after I was so well treated by Keystone that I became a member of the forum.

As for Rich, there have been times that he wondered also, but Keystone took care of him because he was persistent. It has absolutely nothing to do with how many posts he does. However, I believe he'll give you a response himself.

Note that Keystone has nothing to do with making this forum operate.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #15
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
OK, let us accept that it is not being on the forum or being a very active member of the forum--and I, for one, really do accept that--which determines it. Even so it must be noted that some have received prompt and helpful service while others have had a difficult time getting a response of any kind.

The overwhelmingly positive response to some does not set aside the failure to respond helpfully to others--nor does the reverse. They just stand side by side to present the full and confusing picture.

Or so it has seemed to me. I am pleased for all those who have been served so well, but I still have sympathy for those who have had difficulty getting the support they need, or even a timely response.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:22 AM   #16
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by padredw

OK, let us accept that it is not being on the forum or being a very active member of the forum--and I, for one, really do accept that--which determines it. Even so it must be noted that some have received prompt and helpful service while others have had a difficult time getting a response of any kind.

The overwhelmingly positive response to some does not set aside the failure to respond helpfully to others--nor does the reverse. They just stand side by side to present the full and confusing picture.

Or so it has seemed to me. I am pleased for all those who have been served so well, but I still have sympathy for those who have had difficulty getting the support they need, or even a timely response.
I agree and I sympathize with those who do not seem to receive very good response, or seemingly so. I blame that on their dealer. But to make a statement that Rich got preferential treatment because of his many posts on THIS forum, is out of line. That's why I responded like I did.

My experience has been that some dealers are so money hungry that they'll say anything and promise anything....until they have your money. Then they forget you. It's easier for them to tell you that you can't be helped than it is for them to call Keystone themselves and pave the way for you. In my case, three years ago when I was at Keystone, Customer Service personnel told me that my dealer was one of only a few who would help their customers by making contact with Keystone.

It was not my intention to demean anyone and I want to apologize if I did.

Orv
Old 04-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #17
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Orv,
How can you blame the dealer for Keystone's not returning phone calls. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point?
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #18
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by virgil47

Orv,
How can you blame the dealer for Keystone's not returning phone calls. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point?
You completely misunderstood what I was saying or I didn't make it clear. I was not blaming dealers for Keystone not returning the customers calls. No where did I indicate that. What I was saying is that many dealers will not contact Keystone when you have a problem and they, the dealer, do not want to remedy the problem. My dealer contacted Keystone for me and I was able to set up an appointment to get work done, not once, but twice. A dealer's failure to call the manufacturer on your behalf is not a very good dealer, in my opinion. Maybe I was spoiled by an extremely good dealer with whom I have dealt for over 30 years.

Orv
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #19
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Thanks Orv,

This is the sentence I misunderstood......

"""I agree and I sympathize with those who do not seem to receive very good response, or seemingly so. I blame that on their dealer"""

However, I think i understandt now, you are saying that the dealer should make the call to Keystone and save the customer from the frustration. Thanks for the clarification
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #20
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
okay, I am learning. The owners manual gives the number and tells you to call if you need to try and have something fixed under warranty. We dropped our unit at the dealer on Sunday. This particular dealer is closed on Sunday AND Monday. I was under the impression I had to get authorization from Keystone BEFORE getting the dealer to work on my unit. I finally got ahold of Susan around 11AM on Tuesday. When I called the dealer to let them know what Keystone said they had already started the necessary authorization process. Turns out I didn't need to contact Customer Service on my own at all.

That said, for the money invested in our units the level of customer service accessability to too low. If necessary, Keystone should add more people ot the team or come up with some "level" system, Level one being a warm body to take your information and organize things for the level two folks.

Just my Humble opinion.

Bill