Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #21
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

What! I can't miss a couple hours without someone calling in a missing Monty report???

Actually I was busy doing the rally thing. Meeting all these new wannabe Monty owners as well as our Alaska members. Kimmrg and Gyro arrived today while Pud & Janie and Clint & Blanche arrived yesterday shortly after us. These are the MOC wannabes from South Carolina. I say wannabe as both couples have been having problems registering. I will be taking them under my wing before the week is over and they will be full fledged members by the end of the rally.

BTW-thanks awaywego, route 288 was a tremendous shortcut and saved me a lot of time and fuel.
I assume you guys are talking about 288 off I-95 at Chester and around Richmond to I-64? I was just up there this week myself but on business. I still have a job, but my sone lives about three miles from 288.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #22
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Steve,

There are more than one Five Guys. I know there's on in Arlington. (Their #2 store.) Said so in a newspaper article that was up on their wall.

I can live on burgers.

Haven't been to Lexington, except as a drive-through on our way to see Appomattox, I think it was. We started late so we had to fly back.

When we were first in Virginia, headed to Luray, we got off the Interstate and headed to what was supposed to be the Natural Bridge. But we just couldn't find it. And I didn't want to go turning around with the fiver attached, so we blew it off.

I've told Kim that whatever we miss, this trip, is an excuse, (as if we needed one,) to get back here, again.

We set up in Williamsburg, today. Took a short drive down to the old historic Williamsburg, just to fine a place to dine, and shop.

Ate at "Momma Steve's Pancake House." Kid you not! With a name like that, I just knew it had to be good. It was. Though we had hoped to come across a Perkins. And didn't waste time looking for the Cracker Barrel we believe is around here.

We got to an upscale grocery store. Found all sorts of goodies. Have dinner foods for tonight and tomorrow. Sheesh. I say "upscale," when tonight's food of choice was hot dogs. But we had a great container of marinated cucumbers! And some killer looking butterfly pork chops for tomorrow...Unless we decide to dine at Olive Garden.

Heck. There are a million coupons for various stores and eateries in the campgrounds hand out and Williamsburg visitors' guide. We're at the American Heritage Campground, and it's pretty nice. huge site. All cement, so we won't be tracking in muck.

We used the “buy one, get one free” Haagen Daas coupon, already.

The dogs seem to like it, so far. Except they haven't spotted a squirrel, yet.

We can already see a future re-visit, as well. I'm sure a week won't be enough.

Steve

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Shoot, we were at Walnut Hills for five weeks in August, 2003, and we somehow missed Five Guys! Can't believe I missed that!

Gyro, have you folks been down to Lexington yet? Great history there. Stonewall Jackson's home and burial place/monument. Beautiful old homes. The Natural Bridge is worth the trip, too. Be sure to see George Washington's initials carved in that bridge. That whole area is one of our very favorite areas to visit. We will someday be back there.

Hope you folks are having a great time there at Walnut Hills! Tell everyone 'hi' for us.
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:23 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Steve, I'm with you on the burgers. I love good ones. As for good food in general, we've started asking a local where the best food in town is but not a national chain. We've even asked in convenience stores. We've been directed to places we would not have gone in on our own but found the food was terrific.

The Natural Bridge I'm talking about is near Lexington, south of Staunton. Long ways from Luray.

http://geocities.com/stevereigle/Aug...xington_VA.htm

or Aug 18, 2003 postcard on our website.

Williamsburg is one of many places still on our 'to see and do' list. We really want to do that one. Maybe next year.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #24
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Those Five Guys burgers were excellant but the fries were some of the best we ever had. Freshly sliced and unpeeled, just the way I [s]like[/s] LUV them. I didn't believe the cashier that an 8 ounce cup was enough for 2 people, especially when one of the 2 was me.

Steve and Kim, We did the Natural Bridge last year and it is a truely amazing site. It's a shame that you had to miss it.

Steve R, next year would be a great time to take in Williamsburg. At this years Virginia rally we decided on Williamsburg for next year. Also shooting for the same weekend before Momorial Day.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, that might work. We'll be in Mission, TX, for Jan/Feb but haven't decided where to go from there. We have granddaughters in the D.C. area so might just take them there. Or maybe go to the rally and then up to see the girls. Thanks for the headsup.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote