Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
TV hookup question

I have a dumb question. My 335rlbs has the amplified hookup for the antenna and then it has another double coax thing next to it. I have my satelite hooked up to the lower nipple of this but what is the upper one for? and what is that short little cable for that comes with the RV that is hooked to both the upper and lower nipples of the coax thing? Do I need to do something here to have the bedroom tv work?

Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:11 AM   #2
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
On the same topic sort of. My 2004 3255 has a KLH 9000 sound system for DVD, CD and radio. I did not receive a manual with same. I too have 2 coaix leads but have no idea what they are for. I assume they are for the FM as there is a wire hooked to the AM. Dealer was not much help on this.
Thanks SEMPER FI
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:47 AM   #3
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Starchmill

I have a dumb question. My 335rlbs has the amplified hookup for the antenna and then it has another double coax thing next to it. I have my satelite hooked up to the lower nipple of this but what is the upper one for? and what is that short little cable for that comes with the RV that is hooked to both the upper and lower nipples of the coax thing? Do I need to do something here to have the bedroom tv work?
The upper connector simply routes to the bedroom. You could run a piece of coax from the output of the sat receiver to the top connector, and watch sat channels on ch. 3/4 on your bedroom TV. Another option would be to leave the loop intact, and run the sat receiver in your bedroom. It simply gives you a few more options for the TV viewing.
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:17 AM   #4
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Another related question as I pick up our new 3475 on Wed.

If I hook up the sat to the TV in the living room and want the TV in the bedroom to run off of the antenna what do I do with this little cable between the two ports?? PS my receiver does not have an outlet to run a second TV.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:49 AM   #5
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chester

Another related question as I pick up our new 3475 on Wed.

If I hook up the sat to the TV in the living room and want the TV in the bedroom to run off of the antenna what do I do with this little cable between the two ports?? PS my receiver does not have an outlet to run a second TV.
Just leave the loop unconnected. This will allow your TV in the bedroom to run off of the roof antenna, as long as the green light is on. It will also allow your living room TV to pick up the roof antenna as well. Just use the TV/Video button on the TV to cycle through the options. I'm surprise that your sat receiver does not have a TV out function to output TV on channels 3 or 4. If it does, just hook up that output to the top connector, and your bedroom TV will have two options. If the green light is on, the bedroom TV will use the roof antenna. If the green light is off, the bedroom TV gets it feed from that top connector in the living room. In this case ch 3/4 from the sat receiver.
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:03 AM   #6
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
Hey thanks, I understand clearly now!
Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #7
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Thanks Mike. We pickup the fiver tomorrow so will take a good look at the cabling.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote