Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Need A-B switch wiring diagram

I am on my 2nd DVD player. The dealer also sent me a A-B switch because there is no hookup for the bedroom speakers to turn on. However, no wiring diagram was included & dealer doesn't know either.
Anybody out there know how to hook these up?

Thanks in advance

Roy

Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I am not an expert on them, but there are many kinds of A-B switches. The simplest allow switching to one pair of speakers or the other pair, but not both. More sophisticated ones allow selecting one pair or the other pair or both pairs.
My DVD player allows selecting both pairs. Have been considering replacing it with a Blue Ray player but will also need an A-B switch as I have not found a player capable of selecting both pairs at the same time.
Are the terminals on the switch labeled in any way?
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
There should be three pair of terminals on the A B switch.
One pair is the "input" (I label "C") from the radio or audio source. One pair of the remaining goes to the front (I label "A") and the other pair go to the rear (I label "B").

If you have a stereo switch (left and right speaker) then there are four screws for each function.

A way to test which wire goes to which speaker (left or right) is to take a 9vdc battery. touch one speaker wire to Pos and the other to Neg and listen for the speaker to LIGHTLY POP. It helps if you do it multiple times.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions please ask.

For a more detailed answer to your question please tell us what make and model switch you have and how many wire connections are on the back of the switch. What kind of labeling is on the back of the switch.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote