Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
4 beader
Established Member

M.O.C. #8190
Central Vac System

Our new 3400RL came in this week, (we are so excited!) Our "official" PDI is scheduled for this afternoon. I say official because we have spent the last two days going over our new baby with a fine toothed comb, and have used half a roll of blue painters tape highlighting our "punch list".

One of the surprises was the central vac that apparently is now being used by Keystone. An InterVac brand was installed in place of the Dometic that we assumed would be included. Looking at the specs on their website, seems to be a little more powerful than the Dometic. My question, has anyone had experience with this brand in the past? Many thanks!

4 beader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
They are identical. Dometic was distributing them for InterVac under the Dometic name, but they dropped the line, and now InterVac sells them directly to Keystone. (Montanas are their biggest customer). You can go the InterVac website for parts and accessories. I have talked with Michelle for orders, and Peter for technical info. Both are knowledgeable and helpful. We bought the battery powered beater bar from them, and find that it works very well.

(On edit: I should have said: Montana is their biggest RV customer)
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
We have the InterVac as well and it works great. We had a air driven beater bar from another vacuum that works fine with the Intervac. The beater bars are a necessity if you have pet hair. The battery power beater bar is probably more powerful than the air driven beater bar, so it is on my list of upgrades. The order of the upgrade list keeps changing!
Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
4 beader
Established Member

M.O.C. #8190
Thanks so much for the info, makes me feel a lot better. Is the battery operated beater head a better value that the "Rug Rat" that works off of suction?
4 beader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The bags are a bit pricey but we got a real deal from CW in Pooler, Ga. the had the 10 packs of bage for the Dometic on clearance for 24.00 for ten, normally 29.00. We have used only 3 bags since we left Wisconsin in November but we couldn't pass that up, we got the last two packages. Intervac is now only selling the HEPA bags so you don't need the sponge final filters for the motor anymore. We bought the rechargable power head from intervac and love it. With the huge suction and the power head it gets all the lab hair off the carpet... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
My only objection to the unit is the weight of the hose. For ease of use, it takes both of us to vacuum the bed room, one to vacuum and the other to help pull the hose. Intervac's solution was to sell me a ten foot extension to the hose. Have not bought it yet. Am considering the $160 power head. I think it is over priced by at least double what it is worth, but may get it anyway.

I know you will love the 3400. We really enjoy full timing in the 340 RLQ, your Big Sky counterpart.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #7
simplyus

M.O.C. #22771
InterVac

How do the parts go on to use the interVAC. There are only instructions on to install the unit.

What parts go where.. Can someone send me some pictures and information.

Thanks!
simplyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #8
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 beader View Post
Our new 3400RL came in this week, (we are so excited!) Our "official" PDI is scheduled for this afternoon. I say official because we have spent the last two days going over our new baby with a fine toothed comb, and have used half a roll of blue painters tape highlighting our "punch list".

One of the surprises was the central vac that apparently is now being used by Keystone. An InterVac brand was installed in place of the Dometic that we assumed would be included. Looking at the specs on their website, seems to be a little more powerful than the Dometic. My question, has anyone had experience with this brand in the past? Many thanks!

We only use the kick-plate in the kitchen to "sweep" the kitchen floor and it works great. For carpets/drapes etc... we use a Dyson V10 Cyclone Animal stick vacuum. The hose for the central vac is just too cumbersome.
awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #9
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Agree with Don, the kick plate to pull out swept up dirt works well. For anything else, bring along a battery powered stick vac like the Dyson.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #10
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyus View Post
How do the parts go on to use the interVAC. There are only instructions on to install the unit.

What parts go where.. Can someone send me some pictures and information.

Thanks!
You may get better responses if you start a new thread. The previous comments on this one are over ten years old!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #11
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Central Vac System

I went out and took some pics of the pieces and parts - but I have no idea how to rotate them to make them appear upright.
Pic 1 - this is what comes in the bag...two brush attachments and crevice attachment, extra dust bag, a vacuum head with two settings, an adjustable wand stick (these terms are my own very creations - don't know what they are really called).
Pic 2 - the end of the hose with the yellow sticker inserts into the vacuum head under the stair. Open the door and insert...the vacuum will automatically turn on. You can also see the door for the kick duster. The vacuum automatically turns on when you open the kick duster door also. Pull the hose out and the vacuum shuts off.
Pic 3 - I have attached the stick wand to the hose and the vacuum head to the end of the stick...just friction attachments...push them on and they stay...no buttons or switches for the hose or the attachments.
Pic 4 - put your thumb on the button on the stick wand and push it toward the vacuum head and hold it pushed while you pull the inner stick adjuster out of the main stick....notice the notches in the inner stick. When you get the stick pulled out to your liking - let go of the push button. The inner stick will stay at that position.
Pic 5 - you can see the length adjustment notches.
Back to pic 1 - you can see the rubber gasket around the hole on the extra bag. This hole simply fits over the nozzle at the vacuum motor in the basement compartment. I did not take a pic but you have to slide an access cover on the vacuum motor out of the way to get to the bag and empty it or change it...very easy!
Back to pic 1 - my blue mesh storage bag is piece of s**t. It previously came apart at the seams and I zip tied it back together. After I took these pics the zipper broke. Told DW we need to find a new bag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3630.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	2718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3631.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	2719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3632.JPG
Views:	38